Wednesday, November 19, 2008

School Lunch

Today, parents were invited to big daughter's school for a Thanksgiving Feast. Not the best opportunity to choose a healthy meal, but sometimes, you just gotta go with it! A buffet was set up with turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans and pumpkin pie. There were plates of rolls (nice looking ones!) with butter on the table. I opted for the turkey with a smidge of gravy, green beans and about a tbsp. of cranberry sauce. I stole a taste of stuffing from big daughter's plate because who can resist stuffing!!!!! This was definitely a lot less than I would normally eat for lunch, but like I said, you gotta go with the flow. I knew this wouldn't hold me for long; I just hoped it wouldn't cause me to want to overeat later.
Here's my measley plate...


I'm lacking in the fruit and veg department today. For snack, I had a blueberry Clif Z Bar, strawberries and some pomegranate seeds. I loved this bar! I was hesitant to try it since the daughters didn't like it (duh, what else is new?), but I thought it was super tasty. I would absolutely buy these again. I'm thinking I don't love pomegranate seeds so much. They are sweet, but the seed part is bothering me. Kinda reminds me of grapes with seeds. Eeeewwww.

Oh no, the daughters are rubbing off on me...

No comments: