Monday, July 13, 2009

Water Works

I woke up ready to go this morning! I put on the kicks and headed right to the treadmill. I got in another strong 40 minute run. I was wondering if I would be feeling strong running 2 days in a row and it seemed to work out. I like when I don't feel like my feet are dragging through the whole run. I'd like to push myself into an hour long run once a week to see if I can increase my endurance. Baby steps right now....

I didn't feel like much breakfast after that, so I just had a Quinoa Cranberry Bran Muffin with a 1/2 tsp. smear of light butter for 3 POINTS...


I liked these even better today. They are definitely a hearty muffin with lots of texture. The cranberries are a great addition along with the hint of cinnamon. The husband "forgot" to try them this morning, so no review from him. Maybe, I can talk him into a guest review tomorrow!


After breakfast, the daughters and I donned our bathing suits, packed a lunch and headed to swim at my parents' pool. The water was perfect for me - 82 degrees! We splashed around a little, then got out to eat our lunch. It was PB+J all the way around! I made mine with 2 tbsp. PB2 and 1 tsp. jelly on Arnold Whole Grain White. Alongside, I had 1 cup of Trader Joe's Organic Lentil Soup and some watermelon. It was a satisfying 6 POINT lunch...

After lunch (no, we did not wait an hour!), we got back in the pool and did lots of exercise. I did some pool weight lifting (biceps and triceps), jogging and leg exercises. I also tried to swim a couple of laps which are so hard because I am not Dana Torres, but even my lame way is a great cardio workout!


When we came home, I started on dinner. But first, I needed a snack...

White nectarines are so good this time of year! I also grabbed a string cheese and a cracker, but made sure to stop there. Whew, it was a close one, though.
I planned on grilled lean burgers for dinner. I decided to go bunless (don't I wish) and just topped my burger with a slice of Asiago cheese, ketchup and a couple pickles. I made roasted potatoes with green beans for a side. It was a flavorful 9 POINT dinner...


I almost didn't have dessert. Almost. I'm pretty sure I could have gone without it, but I think it's another habit I have created. I'll need to work on that one. Baby steps :) After all, what would life be like without dessert?! This little harmless scoop of Breyers Fat Free Double Churn French Chocolate topped with some sliced almonds and a teensy squirt of chocolate syrup surely can't be all that bad.... it's only 3 little POINTS :)


I'm off to get in my 10 minute strength routine. Hope everyone had an easy Monday!

9 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love getting some exercise in the pool... Your dinner looks really good!

Trina said...

You sure make the best desserts!

Anonymous said...

Fun day at the pool. I love making my own bran muffins for breakfast. Cheaper than getting Zen Bakery. Too bad I'm the only one in the family that appreciates them.

Rebecca said...

I'm not going to lie...your desert stole the show today!

sartaj faisal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MizFit said...

must try the quinoa muffins.

MUST.

(not sure what it says that for me the dessert didnt steal the show :) nothing good Im sure...)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another great day. Do you have weights you use in the pool?

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Thanks, everyone!

Terri - I have big foam dumbells and a foam exercise belt. It all came in a kit that I got at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Here's the url-
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=13489823

C.G. the Foodie said...

Yum on that dessert! I cannot keep ice cream in the house (why I have to make my own in small batches)