It was another glorious morning for a run, so I laced up and hit the pavement. I ran for 40 minutes at a pretty slow pace today; I felt weak for some reason, but I perservered! When I came in, I had an easy breakfast of Veggie Quiche Cups and a Weight Watchers Vanilla Yogurt for 3 POINTS...
Anyone remember those Veggie Quiche Cups from the South Beach Diet?? It's a great Weight Watchers-friendly recipe, too! You can click HERE for the recipe.
After breakfast, I tooled around in the kitchen. I came up with a new hummus recipe, Spinach Artichoke Hummus. It is really good! For this, you'll need...
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans(also known as chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 c. artichoke hearts (canned in water)
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- few dashes of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Makes 6 (1/4 c.) servings at 2 POINTS per serving.
I couldn't wait to eat this for lunch. I decided to make a sandwich using the Spinach Artichoke Hummus, 1 slice of Weight Watchers Pepperjack Cheese, a few baby spinach leaves and 2 slices of TJ's Organic Spelt Bread. Amazing! I had the usual side of carrots and soy crisps for a great 7 POINT lunch...