After the run, I made a breakfast burrito with a small La Tortilla Factory tortilla, 3 egg whites and salsa. It was only 2 POINTS, but very filling...
So filling, in fact, that I wasn't ready for lunch until 1:30! I dug around in the fridge and found some of the bbq baked tofu that I made (last week??). It still looked decent, so I made a bbq baked tofu sandwich on a honey wheat bun with lettuce and a slice of 2% cheese. Delish! On the side, I had a serving of crinkle potatoes, an apple and a fruit and nut bite for dessert. A voluminous lunch for 8 POINTS...
No snack attack this afternoon! My lunch took me all the way to dinner. Maybe the 8 POINTS is the amount I need or it could have been the combination of filling foods that kept me satisfied and not looking to munch. I hope that's the ticket :)
I planned a nice, healthy dinner, but the husband and daughters had a different plan - PIZZA! I let them go the pizza route, but stuck to my dinner plan for myself ...
Chicken and Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. chicken breast cut in 1" pieces
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 c. fat free chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 c. cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil and garlic and cook 1 minute. Season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper and add to skillet. Brown on all sides for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup broth, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through(about 5 minutes).
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/2 cup broth, add to skillet and simmer 1 minute.
- Serve over rice.
Makes 4 servings. 5 POINTS per serving. Each serving is 1 cup chicken mixture and 1/2 cup rice.
I found this recipe in one of my old WW recipe binders. It is quick and delicious! Best part is now I have 3 additional servings that I packed up and put in the freezer for those heat and eat dinner nights! Definitely a keeper...
and a blueberry crackshake (2 POINTS) to wash it down...
The daughters were intrigued by my crackshake and came running with their straws to take a taste. Some taste! They ended up drinking half of my shake - booo! It's okay; I don't mind sharing the health ;P