Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back To The Gym

I was itching to get to the gym first thing!  Although, we had some nice family time over the Thanksgiving break, it was good to send everyone off to their appropriate locations and get back to my routine.

I was hungry right off the bat, too, so I made up a Yogurt Bowl before heading out.  In the mix…

  • 1 cup plain nonfat Chobani (it’s baaaaack!)
  • 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 packet NuNaturals Stevia
  • 5 sliced strawberries
  • 1 tsp. shredded coconut

IMG_1951

It was so rich tasting;  the cocoa powder mixed into the yogurt made it seem like frosting!  Mmm…dessert for breakfast.  It’s a good thing :)

I pumped it out on the elliptical for 35 minutes, then hit the circuit weights for an upper body workout.  I decided , for the month of December, to mix up my workout.  I’m going to run 3 days a week – T, TH, Sat, do a cardio mix with weights 3 days – M, W, F and take Sundays off.  I think this will be a better plan for me.  More consistent running ( my marathon running neighbor told me he hated my “every other week running plan” – LOL!) and a nice mix of cardio and weights on the other days.  I think that will keep it fresh and fun!

After the gym, I ran errands in the nasty, cold rain and finally made it home to eat LUNCH!  My stomach was way past growling.  I did notice the growl at the 3 hour mark again, so that seems to be the magic number these past few days.  I reminded myself not to grab anything and start shoveling.  Instead, I heated up some leftover Individual Turkey Pot Pies

IMG_1953

Halleluia for leftovers!

Later, I couldn’t shake the damp coldness, so I made a cup of French press…

IMG_1955

For a special treat, we went to dinner with the in-laws at a new local restaurant.  It’s owned by the family of the husband’s best friend and opened for business today.  I was in the mood for a big greek salad

IMG_1956

I’m not usually a fan of stuffed grape leaves, but the ones on my plate were delicious and very rich, so I only ate one and passed the rest to the husband and FIL.  Sadly, my salad was supposed to have grilled chicken on it, but it didn’t make it to the plate on time, so I had it on the side.

I wasn’t completely satisfied (taste-wise) after this meal, but I had eaten enough and was okay with it after everything settled.

I used a little “pep talkin” while scooping some ice cream for the daughters when we got home.  I knew I didn’t need it.  But I sure did feel like I wanted it!

 *hit replay in my head* 

I will not let food control me.  I have the ability to eat just what I need. 

Somehow repeating that over and over took all pressure off.  It was almost a sense of relief.  Like, oh yeah, I can say “no” and it’s okay.  Niiiiice :)

Today is the last day to enter the Campbell’s Soup Giveaway! 

Have a great day, everyone!

9 comments:

Joanna Sutter said...

We are in the same place! I've become a mindless eater so I'm having to get myself back under control. Once I get a few days (like 2!) of clean, controlled eating under my belt, I usually find it's easy to stay on track.

I'm drinking more water and am doing some random exercise to keep myself out of the kitchen.

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Great job on the self talk and winning over the ice cream. That's really what makes the difference - convincing yourself that one choice really is better than the other. (And then do it the rest of your life!)

The food all looks so yummy, and I can relate to running errands in the rain. Yuck.

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I love the yogurt bowl. I could go for one of those right now. You found fresh strawberries?! I'm so jealous.
Your gym routine sounds intense. Right now I'd go to the gym just to break a sweat and get warm. It's cold over here! In the low 50s. brrrrr.

Congrats on getting your house back and getting back on schedule. :)

Unknown said...

Good job on resisting those lil voices in your head fighting over ice cream! lol

Hey adding coco powder to the yogurt is a BRILLIANT idea! WOW! Great snack or B-Fast! :)

OldGoogleAccount said...

Good job with the ice cream.

Mmmmm. Chocolatey yogurt. You're so creative!

Sunny said...

sounds like you have a great plan for your december workouts!!
that turkey pot pie looks so good! perfect food for winter!

Graze With Me said...

December is the perfect month to switch up your workouts, I'm with you on that one!

I love dessert for breakfast - it's just the best.

Unknown said...

I love greek salad I over did it in the summer and had one almost everyday!

Jamie Mendell said...

I have to switch up my workouts too or else I get bored. That greek salad looks awesome!