Sunday, February 1, 2009

Game Day Eats

Well, I didn't Shred last night. It got too late and I wasn't in the mood to get all sweaty right before bed. But, I made sure to do it first thing this morning! My goal is to do it every day in February; maybe by then, I'll be shredded as Jillian says ;) After Shred, I had a cereal trifecta; 1/2 c. Puffins, 1/2 c. TJ's High Fiber O's and 1/4 c. high fiber select. I topped it with 2 strawberries, 1/2 c. blueberries and 1 c. Soy Slender. Good stuff for 4 POINTS...


After my super -cereal, I headed to the basement and did another 25 minutes on the elliptical. So far, I think I have hit my 45 min.-a-day exercise goal for the whole month of January!

I was craving hummus again, so I had to fit it into my lunch. I made a turkey hummus wrap using 2 oz. turkey, 1 tbsp. hummus, lettuce and roasted pepper rolled in a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Wrap. So delish! I had a serving of Sea Salt and Pepper Rice Chips and a beautiful orange to go with it. A filling 6 POINT lunch...


My snack was a Weight Watchers Strawberry Yogurt (1 POINT - you can't beat that!!) and a serving of Puffins (yes, again!) for 1 POINT...

No Superbowl parties for us tonight; we planned on just hanging out and having a fun dinner in the family room. The daughters aren't really interested in the game anyway, so we watched the beginning while we were eating. My fun Superbowl dinner was Happier Hour Sliders . These are adorable mini burgers! The key to these are the cute little buns that are made with this...

The dough is divided into 12 equal pieces and baked for about 20 minutes and viola - mini buns! Here's what they looked like when they came out of the oven...


For the burgers, I used 96%lean ground beef. Each burger uses about 1 1/4 oz. of raw ground beef (yes, I weigh it) and I got 12 patties. Here are some of them...


I pan-fried the burgers in a nonstick skillet and topped them with a bit of 2% cheese. I split the buns and loaded on the burgers and some fixins. Not the best picture, but aren't they cute???



The sliders come in at 5 POINTS for 2 of them. I paired mine with some yummy Black Bean Soup that I made this afternoon. I found the recipe on Heather's awesome blog! I also had some broccoli with garlic and evoo. A great 7 POINT dinner. Touchdown!!!
No dessert tonight. I'm full, so I'm going with it and not forcing anything else down the pipes!
Hope everyone is enjoying the game! See you all tomorrow for some Monday morning quarterbacking =)

7 comments:

Trying To Heal said...

what a great day and the sliders are cute~

Elizabeth said...

Congrats on making your exercise goal for Jan. That is a huge accomplishment!

WWSuzi said...

Looks yummy!!

Kari@Onederland said...

My goodness all of your food looks so good! And wowsers I can't even imagine doing the shred every day. I've set a goal to do it once a week this month.

American Homemaker said...

I love your little sliders... I'll totally have to try them.

Psalmist said...

I like your little hamburgers. *grins*

Anonymous said...

So creative. Those sliders look great! I love the easy pillsbury dough. If you haven't already, you should try the pizza dough. It's really good!

Kaneil, balanceisbest.wordpress.com