Monday, February 16, 2009

An Elvis Favorite

Hi again! It's been a beautiful day and the husband and I continued our date day since the daughters were still with the grampies. I started off with a leisurely breakfast of PB2 -Banana Cream of Wheat . For this, I used:
  • 3 tbsp. whole grain Cream of Wheat
  • 1 1/4c. water
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 tbsp. PB2

I made this according to package directions for the stovetop method. After adding the Cream of Wheat to the boiling water, I added the banana, broken into pieces and whisked until the cereal was cooked. I garnished with sliced banana and PB2 drizzled over the top. It was a yummy 3 POINT breakfast...

After breakfast, the husband and I went on a woodsy 40 minute hike. There was some rough terrain and some steep hills; my legs were burning! We stopped at the top of one of the hills for a silly sun-in-our-eyes picture...

We stopped at the produce store after our hike, then headed home for lunch. I was looking forward to trying out these new chips that Kate from CookingwithKate turned me onto...
I really liked the bbq flavor! One serving is 120 cal., 4 gr. fat and 1 fiber which comes to 3 POINTS. I don't like to spend quite that much on chips, so I just had a bit less for it to be 2 POINTS. Along with these chips, I made a Philly Cheesesteak with a side of Fiber One Vanilla Yogurt topped with strawberries and blueberries. Whoa, this was a filling 9 POINT lunch...
I was pretty stuffed with all that. My goal this week is to eat a little more during regular meals and forego the afternoon snack. I figured this big lunch would hold me til dinner, but believe it or not, I was getting growly by 4:30 p.m. I tried to keep busy so as not to think about it, but I found myself munching on a few of the dinner-making items (i.e. CHEESE!)
The daughters were home for dinner and I decided on a quick fake- out dinnner, chicken parmesan. For the fake-out part, I used these instead of making my own chicken cutlets...


These Perdue Breaded Tenderloins are 170 cal. and 7 gr. fat for a 3 oz. serving (4 POINTS). They are tasty and a real piece of chicken instead of the "chopped and formed" stuff. I topped them with a couple of tbsp. sauce and 1 oz. lite mozzarella. I had a side of green beans with oil and garlic to round out this yummy 6 POINT dinner...


More peanut butter and banana was in the works for dessert. I topped a Banana Fudge Vitatop with 2 tbsp. PB2...


Mmmmm. Peanut butter and banana is such a great combo! Elvis would be proud!
Hope everyone had a nice Monday! Everyone is back to work/school tomorrow, so it's back to the grind. So glad to have these little "mini vacations" with the husband and daughters. Time goes too fast...

7 comments:

Angela Power said...

Awwwwwwww you guys are such a cute couple! That's awesome that you guys went out for a great hike! I would love to go on a hike!

*droool* on the vitatop/pb2 combo!

Anonymous said...

holy moly! great eats!!
your berries look so fresh

Unknown said...

I'm going to repeat what Angie said...Cute couple...that is a great picture!! :D

Looks like you had a fantastic day. I always love your food choices!!

Trying To Heal said...

you two are so cute!

and i'm jealous of the vitatop. can't find it anywhere!

Anonymous said...

You two look great! And drizzling the PB overtop? SMART!!!!!

karen said...

We're HUGE fans of PB & Banana here, too! Well, the little guy and I are ... and the dog ... not sure about the big guy but he's a little odd anyway :) Johnny (little guy) has a tendency to dissect his sandwiches before he eats them so I mash up the banana and mix it into the PB so it's at least a little less messy if part of it hits the floor/table/whatever :)

Anonymous said...

i love that picture!! thanks so much for the shoutout :) you will be getting one as soon as i can make those hard boiled HUMMUS eggs!!! YUMMM