Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Drooling Dogs

Back to the early morning grind; up and at em! I sent big daughter off to school and went to the basement for my early morning workout. Wow, it seems like I haven't done this in a long time. I guess I've been taking advantage of the outdoor runs more than I realized! I did 30 huffy minutes on the elliptical while watching boring morning TV- so tired of all those talking heads! Then, I got little daughter off to school and came home to Shred. Yes, still Level 1! There are only 11 days left of this challenge and I think I am looking forward to burying Jillian in my pile of unused exercise DVD's for a while!!! Nah, not really, just ready to give it a break for a bit. However, the husband is hooked on doing this 2 days a week and he's the type A that once he starts a routine, he sticks with it foreeeever!

For breakfast, I had a big dose of heartburn due to arguing with our health insurance company over a claim. I was on the phone for a while, so by the time I got to eat, I was starving! The first thing I saw was smoked salmon. I toasted a Weight Watchers Petite Bagel and topped it with a Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedge and 1 oz. of the smoked salmon for 3 POINTS...

For lunch, I had a bowl of Black Bean Soup, a turkey BLT using 2 oz. turkey, 2 slices center cut bacon, lettuce and tomato on an Arnold Sandwich Thin and some carrots. Delicious and filling for only 4 POINTS...

I debated on eating something else afterward because it was such a low POINT lunch and I'm trying not to eat an afternoon snack. But, part of this "listening to my body" experiment this week, is to actually LISTEN and not eat just to eat. I was full and that should signal the end of eating, so I let it go. Turns out, after the daughters came home, I felt munchie and grabbed a handful of TJ's bbq popped chips that the daughters were munching on. I did take a moment to realize that I wasn't actually hungry, but it's almost like I'm one of Pavlov's dogs in that, the girls come in the door from school and I am ready to eat!!! Just like those drooling dogs! I ended up heading to my bedroom and having the daughters come with me to work on homework! I had a feeling that if I stayed in the kitchen, it would've gotten ugly!

I made a delicious dinner of pan-seared thyme pork chops and garlic potatoes. So simple. I used very thin center cut pork chops and seasoned them with salt, pepper and thyme. I sprayed a large nonstick pan with cooking spray and browned the chops. While they were browning, I cut small potatoes into chunks and placed them in a large bowl. I added 2 minced cloves of garlic, salt, pepper and 1 tsp. olive oil and tossed it together. I removed the browned chops from the skillet, added the potatoes and browned for a few minutes. I added the chops back to the skillet along with 1 cup of chicken broth. I covered and simmered for about 15 minutes until potatoes were done. At the end, I added a bit of cornstarch to thicken the sauce. I paired it with a salad with Kraft Light Three Cheese Dressing. A great family pleaser dinner (yes, they liked it!!!) for 8 POINTS...

I was very excited for dessert tonight! Remember this???.....

I love this!!!! A yummy 3 POINT dessert!
Okay guys, you know what time it is.....
*singing* what have you done today to make you feel proud.....

12 comments:

Angela Power said...

Damn that was an excellent day! I feel like crud for missing out on last week's Shred! Tomorrow I'm allllll over it! Frig you Jillian! (That's me getting all cocky and up in her face when she starts screaming at me) :-D

Sue said...

Marisa, your dinner looked yummy! :) I especially liked the look of your dessert.Might have to invest in some Vitatops! :)

Lex said...

WOW All of your food looks amazing... ESPECIALLY that dessert!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Smoked salmon? What a great idea!
And oh my gosh, tasty tasty eats. Love your dessert!! Divine!

Di said...

Smoked salmon for breakfast ? Double Drool !! I ADORE the taste of all fish and shellfish, but one day about 4 years ago I had a serious allergic reaction to shellfish and wound up in the ER. About six weeks later same thing happened with fish, and since then I have had to avoid them or stop breathing. But oddly enough I still crave those foods !

Sunny said...

Looks like you had a great day... lots of delicous food and exercise! With food like that, you probably don't feel deprived at all! And a few potato chips won't hurt anything. ;)

Anonymous said...

what a good breakfast!! and that dessert just looks heavenly. i LOVE cherry pie filling :)

Kari@Onederland said...

Ok seriously I am contemplating ordering those vitatops. Just haven't done it yet because I'm not convinced I could control myself. lol.
Thanks for the support. Though I haven't stuck to the challenge of doing the shred EVERY day I certainly am proud that I've done it as much as I have. I'm hoping tomorrow I'm feeling good enough so I can get back at it.

sarah sundae said...

omg-that dessert looks so good! I want it.

lexy and annie said...

just wanted to let you know that i love your blog :o).

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Angiealltheway - don't get all cocky with her when she's on your projection screen - she's waaaay bigger than you! LOL!

sue - go for the deep chocolate Vitatops - you won't be sorry!

Lex - isn't that a crazy good dessert??!

sharon - thanks! I heart smoked salmon and dessert, however not together:D

theincredibleshrinkingfamily - that stinks about your allergy :(

sunny - I'm hoping the chips won't "revisit" tomorrow on the scale!

katecooks - Love cherry pie filling, too!

Kari - get your rest and feel better soon:)

sarasundae - it is yummy - def go get some!

lexy and annie - thank you so much!!

American Homemaker said...

I would die for some of that salmon... lol.

They were sampling the salmon on bagels w/cream cheese at costco the other day, but the cost of the package could've fed my family for two days. And I didn't think it would be very nice of me to starve my kids for two days just so I could buy salmon :)