Thursday, February 12, 2009

Good To Be Back

Hey, everyone! Just want to say thank you for your support the past couple of days. My superfunk has lifted; I feel a lot better and ready to continue on with this crazy journey.

My morning was a little screwy. Big daughter called saying she forgot her writing assignment and I had to rush to get it there by 7:30 a.m., so I couldn't workout my normal time. Then after getting little daughter to school, there was a bit of family drama going on that needed my attention, so I had to nix my workout altogether for the morning. I was scheduled to meet Mom and Gram for lunch and shopping, so I had to get going. In the midst of all this, I realized that I never got a chance to eat breakfast! Gee, that wasn't how I planned on starting my "funk free" day, but life got in the way! So, I headed out to meet the ladies. We shopped a little for big daughter's upcoming birthday gifts and then decided we needed nourishment! Mom treated us to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's. They have an awesome salad bar, so I knew that was going to be part of my lunch. I made a terrific salad with spring greens, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, a spoonful of edamame (soybeans), a spoonful of chick peas, zucchini sticks and some red grapes drizzled with lite ranch dressing, all for 3 POINTS...



I also had a bowl of white bean chicken chili for 5 POINTS...
Delicious and filling! We had a nice time chatting, then moved ahead to do some more shopping. The mall was emmmmpty; a real sign of these tough economic times :(
The afternoon was very busy and I didn't have much time to think about a snack. I decided to try and listen to my body a little more and if I wasn't hungry then I wasn't going to eat something just for the sake of eating. Well, that's a new idea, now isn't it??? I can't believe how often I do eat just to eat or because it's "time". I think I would like to explore the topic of intuitive eating. I know there's lots of info out there, so it may be something you will see me experimenting with in the upcoming months.
So, I ditched the snack and prepped for dinner before running to get little daughter from dance. Dinner was turkey meatloaf, asparagus and whole wheat bread made by Gram! I make turkey meatloaf often and generally use the same basic recipe, but I change it around sometimes by adding barbeque sauce or tomato sauce instead of ketchup. Tonight, I used my standard recipe which is the same as Gina's of Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes! So I don't have to type out my recipe, I'll link you to hers. Her pictures are incredible and you'll love her other recipes too! My portion of dinner was a serving of turkey meatloaf, asparagus with a bit of grated parmesan and a 3 oz. slice of whole wheat baguette. A wonderful 10 POINT dinner...

After dinner, I made sure to Shred! Only 16 days left! I really feel some muscles building in my arms; must be those push-ups!
I didn't snack, but I did dessert!! You know it! I'm crazy for toppings to my Vitatops now and keep trying to come up with different ones to keep the Vitatops interesting! Tonight, I decided on a cream cheese icing! I softened 2 tbsp. fat free cream cheese in the micro for a few seconds, added 1 tsp. powdered sugar and mixed well. I also added a teensy drop of vanilla extract. I used it to frost a Double Chocolate Dream Vitatop. Oh my greatness! This would have been awesome with the lite cherry pie filling added over the icing, too! Darn, I didn't think of that until the plate/spoon licking!! Still, a decadent 2 POINT dessert...


It was good to be back today. I feel more relaxed about things, even though I did get on the scale this morning and I have to report a 3.2 lb. gain to my A-Teamers. I know it's not a "real gain" and I'll probably be down from that tomorrow, but it just sucks that I have to bring you guys down that way. Next week is gonna be better, peeps! But, in the spirit of the "rules" of the game, feel free to attach your foot to my backside =)

10 comments:

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Foot planted!

There done.

LOL

Marissa, you'd be proud... I introduced a friend to shredding tonight. It was awesome!

And honestly, don't sweat your WI. It's a journey, not a race. Next week you will kick ass. And not your own. :P

Anonymous said...

Great eats for the day!

Anonymous said...

Yep, sometimes life does get in the way!

Good lunch eats though!

Kari@Onederland said...

I'm glad that the funk has finally lifted! You have made amazing progress and those pictures should always be a great reminder to you of that! Yay for shredding it up. I'm scared but excited to do measurements at the end of the month to see if there has been any change. Your salad looks delicious and you almost have me convinced to order some vita tops!

Rebecca said...

Salad looks so amazing! We all have ups and downs! A-Team is here for you no matter what. Keep your funkfree feeling going through the weekend!

Unknown said...

Life happens. I had my very own 3 pound gain. As long as you can pick yourself back up and get back on track everything is fine!! :D

I love the Ruby Tuesday salad bar!!

Anonymous said...

good luck with intuitive eating! i would love to give that a try but i tend to do a little intuitive eating PLUS eating at regular times...so that doesn't always work!! lunch looks delish :)

Sue said...

Hey girl. I think your 3+ gain will be NOTHING compared to mine tomorrow. I am so glad you are out of your funk. I am hoping to be out of my slide soon too! :)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that soup from ruby tuesdays... i had it last year when i went w/ my mom - it was awesome :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! Happy V day