After that, I headed out to the grocery store for some much needed staple items (bread, eggs, oj). I'm always on the lookout for something new to try and I stumbled upon these...
After I got home and took a closer look, I seemed to remember trying these before and thinking they were just o.k. I decided to give them another whirl for lunch today. I popped one in the micro for a minute and instead of eating it "burger style", I made it into a wrap. I used a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortilla , cut the patty in half to fit on one side, topped it with a shredded lite string cheese, lettuce, tomato and wrapped it up! The nutritionals for one of these patties is 70 cal., 1.5 gr. fat and 3.5 gr. fiber which is 1 POINT. Can't beat that! To go with this yummy Boca Bruschetta Wrap, I had a serving of Soy Crisps and a sweet Fuji apple for 6 POINTS...
When the daughters got home from school, they requested chocolate chip cookies for a snack so I got to work making some while they did homework. I spent a minute "pumping myself up" for this task because I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to control myself with these guys. Not only do I love cookies, but I love cookie batter just as much!!! Big troubles were ahead! But, I decided to make the cookies more "user friendly" for myself by altering the recipe a bit. So, I took the Original Nestle Toll House Cookie recipe and revamped it to make it a My House Chocolate Chip Cookie! They came out great and the daughters devoured them! Here's what you'll need to make these:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 stick light butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Beat the butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy. Add egg and applesauce beating well.
- Gradually beat in flour, soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips *( I used the mixture of mini and regular b/c it's what I had on hand)
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight container.
- Makes 40 cookies 1 POINT each or 2 cookies for 3 POINTS
And of course, I had to have
one two of these guys...
Well, good thing I buttered them up with the cookies because I had a very healthy (a.k.a. eeewwww that's gross) dinner planned! I made Tuscan Chicken with Spinach and White Beans and it was delicious! For this, I used:
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. sundried tomato packed in oil, chopped
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add chicken, sprinkle with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook chicken until browned.
- Add beans, sundried tomato, spinach and broth. Simmer for 10 min. or until chicken is done.
- Makes 4 servings at 4 POINTS per serving.
So much flavor! I love the creaminess of the beans, too. I served this over small pasta for the husband and daughters. I ate mine as is with a hearty whole wheat roll. A fabulous 6 POINT dinner in minutes...