Thursday, March 26, 2009

Awards And The Carb Party!

I received this terrific award from my buddy, Kelly over at Happy Texans and I was so excited! What a great way to start the day!!


When receiving this award, you must list 7 things you love and pass the award on to 7 bloggers. My list of loves goes like this...
  1. the husband
  2. the kids
  3. all the family
  4. cooking
  5. blogging!
  6. reading
  7. exercising (huh???-a new love for me!)

Blogging and being a part of the blog community has been such a blast! There are so many great ones; here's a few that I'm passing the award to...

Now that the award show is over, let's get to the party! The carb party that is. I have been craving carbs all day! It started with breakfast...

A Kim's Light Everything Bagel with Laughing Cow Cheese and a small dish of cantaloupe and blueberries for 4 POINTS...


Then I hit the treadmill for a 20 min.weighted walk (18 lbs.!) and another 20 min. weighted elliptical workout. I also did 20 tricep dips off my weight bench - whew, those are tough!

I put off my errands because it was just too dreary and rainy to go out today! The cold and dampness really gets to me lately. I hung around the house and worked on my closet of "expired" clothes! I have been getting rid of 13 years of clothes that don't fit any longer. Kinda fun, but kinda scary at the same time.

When lunchtime rolled around, I definitely wanted some type of sandwich. I decided on an eggplant meatball wrap made with Dominex eggplant meatballs, 1 tbsp. marinara sauce, 2 tbsp. lite shredded mozzarella in a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Wrap. I paired it with 2 oz. leftover sweet potato fries (and ketchup!) and a fuji apple for a yummy 7 POINT lunch...



Dreary days = munchies. This afternoon they were in full force. I decided to have a snack with lot of crunch (and carbs); Kashi TLC 7 Grain Crackers and 2 tbsp. PB2 for 3 POINTS...

It was dance night with little daughter, so breakfast for dinner was the way to go. I wasn't in the mood to fuss with making something fancy for myself, so I had the same. I went with a "fried" whole egg plus one white, center cut bacon, an Arnold Sandwich Thin with Laughing Cow Cheese and 1 c. cantaloupe for a 6 POINT brinner....

Mmmm...I forgot how awesome whole eggs are; haven't had one in a while! I'm posting a bit earlier than normal tonight, so no dessert pic. Not sure if I'll have one or not. Maybe I'll just have more BREAD!!!! Mmmmm......I heart Carbs <3
Have a great night!!!

11 comments:

Mom on the Run said...

Thank you so much for recognizing me! I truly love your comments on a daily basis.

I puffy heart carbs :)

Angie All The Way said...

Who doesn't like carbs? Show of hands?

*crickets*

:-D

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

eggplant meatballs? yum!
carbs are awesome.

Sharon said...

AWWWHH congratulations on the award, and thanks for passing it on to me!!! You're sooo sweet!!!
And love your eats!!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Thank you SO much!!

redheadedjournal said...

I love laughing cow cheese! Especially on bagels!

Rebecca said...

Awww...thanks for the award! I really appreciate it! After seeing your pic, I am going to make myself an egg! Forgot about them too!

Kelly said...

Congrats on the award. you deserve it. :)

So are those eggplant meatballs any good? Where do you find them?

Also, how did you fry that egg? It looks so good! I love fried eggs with hot sauce on them. :)

burpandslurp said...

congrats on the well-deserved award!
I say, bring on the carbs! I LOVE my carbs, so no atkins diet EVER for me!
your eggplant meatballs look outrageously good! where can I find them?

katecooks said...

thank you so much for the award!!!! you are so awesome and totally made my night when i got your email :)

Marisa (Trim The Fat) said...

Kelly and burpandslurp - the eggplant meatballs are by Dominex. I found them at Safeway and they are delicious. They are firm and have a really good taste and texture. You can check out their website for more info: www.dominexeggplant.com