Thursday, March 5, 2009

When The Plan Works

Weigh-in went well today! I was down 3.4 lbs. from my BLBE weigh-in last week. Whew, that was a good feeling! Actually, I felt pretty relaxed when I got on the scale this morning; I really wasn't worrying about what it was going to say because I felt satisfied with all I did this week. I knew that if it didn't show up this week, it would later, so I was o.k. either way. Buuuuut, I LOVE IT when a plan comes together like today!!!



I also headed to my WW meeting this morning. Before I went, I got in a 45 minute treadmill run. After a quick shower, I rushed out the door, so I only grabbed this to munch on after the meeting...







I knew this 2 POINT bar wouldn't last long. I was ready for lunch early. I decided on a Buffalo Turkey Burger. I cooked it on the George Foreman Grill and put it on an Arnold Sandwich Thin topped with lettuce and 1 tbsp. Marie's Lite Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing. Mmmm.... I love this burger! On the side, I went with a serving of Kettle Baked Potato Chips and some carrots with another tbsp. of dressing. Yummy 7 POINT lunch...


I went with a big snack today since dinner was going to be late. I had a Weight Watchers Strawberry Yogurt with 1/2 c. blueberries, 2 strawberries and a serving of that long named Trader Joe's cereal that I like ;) A big 3 POINT bowl...



I was really looking forward to my dinner tonight - BAKED TOFU!!! I have been craving this after seeing different versions all over the blogosphere! I even dabbled in it a little a couple of years ago when I was "vegetarian" for a few months. So, I decided to feed my craving tonight since the husband and daughters were going to have ravioli for dinner and I don't like to spend the POINTS on those. To make the baked tofu, I used a seasoning of 1 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tbsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. pepper, 1/2 tsp. molasses and 1 tbsp. ketchup mixed together and rubbed onto slices of lite firm tofu and baked on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray for about 30 -40 minutes at 425 degrees. It comes out crispy and slightly chewy. I love the "meaty" texture! I can't wait to eat the leftovers in a sandwich :) Using the lite tofu made this so low POINT - the entire recipe is only 4 POINTS!

To go with the baked tofu, I had a bunch of broccoli and a couple small sweet potatoes. A very "veggie -tarian" 7 POINT dinner...


And you know, I can't help myself...




A luscious 2 POINTS!

So, I've been working the plan this week and the plan has been working. I am 2.4 lbs. away from the 150's!!!! HOLY CRAP! I have not seen those numbers in................ever??? I'm sure I weighed that at some time or other, but I think I was in my teens. I'm going to try to keep focused as best as possible so that I can get there. I need a "self-sabotage free" couple of weeks to get me there. Here goes.....

23 comments:

Leslie M. said...

Yay!! Good for you! Congrats on your hard work!
Leslie
LeslieVeg@msn.com
http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Yay on the weight loss! That's totally awesome. VERY happy for you.

Where do you find those sandwich thins? I have been looking for them.

Also, is the buffalo turkey burger prepackaged or is it something you make? Sounds good!

Very happy for you being so close to the 150s. That is really terrific. I know you have to be thrilled!

Jen said...

Awesome WI - you must be so proud!!!

You'll be in the 150's before you know it!

Manderz said...

Congrats on the loss!!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the loss so far. WW's is an interesting concept. don't all those points you have to keep track of get annoying sometime?

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Leslie - thanks! Love your tofu, too!!

Kelly - I have found the Arnold Sandwich Thins at all my grocery stores so far; they are usually in the bread aisle with the burger rolls. They are awesome! The buffalo turkey burger is my own recipe. If you search my blog in the upper left, the post where I gave the recipe should come up. If not, feel free to email me and I will be happy to send it to you :)

Jen - thanks and good job on the pizza!

Manderz - thanks!!!

Matt - totally annoying sometimes! But, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do :)

Mom on the Run said...

Congrats on your weight loss!

Your lunch looks great. I love the sandwich thins. They are great for lunches.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the loss! You're doing amazing!
And oh yes, YUMMY TOFU!!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the loss!!
I'll have to keep an eye out for those pumpkin kashi bars- I've never seen them but pumpkin is my favorite (and I love anything kashi)

Kinder said...

Way to go - you rocked this week! You are doing so awesome and your food looks really good! Tofu has never (ever) appealed to me, but it actually looks not bad like that.

My daughter is a veggie, so I should learn how to cook it.
I have never seen pumpkin Kashi bars before - yum!

Unknown said...

That is awesome that everything paid off this week! I'm excited for you!!

Your eats looked great(I think I say this everyday and I ALWAYS mean it!!).

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations!! That loss is wonderful and not easy.. you should pat yourself on the back!

Di said...

Nice loss !!!
Baked Tofu was one thing that did not fly here. The guys looked at it and thought it would be yummy, but really disliked the mouth feel with this one, and they claimed it tasted yucky. I liked it though, and plan on making it again one day when it is just me for a meal.

Anonymous said...

WOW, Congrats, Marisa!!! Keep up the amazing work! Your journey is proof that persistence pays off....keep rockin'!

Kaneil, balanceisbest

Anonymous said...

Yippee for the weight loss! You are doing great!

I love those Arnold Thins but my store had them once and I haven't been able to find them since!

Have a great Friday!

Shhhhh said...

Wow, great loss this week! Congrats!!

I love those TLC pumpkin bars. They're so yummy!

Keep OP and you'll see the 150s in no time. Good luck!

d.fine09 said...

Great loss! Actually incredible!

I am going to have to try the Pumpkin bars and the buffalo burger.

Amanda said...

That's great. Congratulations! I'm so jealous. I haven't been the best on the plan the last 2 weeks!!

Hopeful said...

Fabulous job on your 3.4 pound loss! Keep up the good work!

Carrie said...

Great job on the loss!!! Keep up the great work!! GO TEAM LEAN!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, you totally rock!!!! those sweet potatoes look soo good by the way :)

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Your lunch looks YUMMY!

Sarah said...

Oh My what a great loss again!!!! you are my hero :)

Yummy eats as always! thanks for the inspiration.