Thursday, March 19, 2009

Excellent

I got on the scale this morning and I am up 1.2 lbs. Excellent. Whoooo Hoooo. I am doing a great job. Of gaining weight. Excellent, really excellent.



Okay, I got over it because really I can't get bummed about it when I know that I am not doing my best. The afternoon snacking has gone way out of bounds and apparently, my exercise is not making up for it. My body didn't want nor does it need those extra snacks and it's letting me know about it. So, I just have to try better that's all. I went out for a run this morning. It was 30 min. and a bit weak, but I think the dreary weather and my bummed out mood contributed to that. When I came in, I talked myself out of going to my Weight Watcher meeting this morning. I knew I didn't want to weigh-in, so I figured I would just skip it. But, I talked myself back into it because I knew that I should go to the meeting; even when I'm not doing my best something always speaks to me during the meeting and helps me refocus. That was true again today. The meeting focused on emotional eating, stress eating, eating "just because" and how to change/find alternatives to those behaviors. HELLO!!!!!! Just what I needed. I also spent some time talking to a Lifetime member after the meeting (Hi Chris!!). We talked about the trials and tribulations of getting the last 10 pounds off and she gave me lots of insight into what maintenance is like. I am so looking forward to it!!!

On to the food... (warning- it's weird today and not exactly healthy)

I had a quick breakfast in the car on the way to my meeting of a Kim's Light Bagel topped with Laughing Cow Light Cheese for 3 POINTS...


I had to stop at the supermarket after the meeting. While I was there, I was starting to get hungry and picked up a bag of "puffy" pretzels. I opened it and snacked on a few. Hundred. Did I learn nothing this morning???!!!! When I got home, I was still munching on them although I decided to put them in a bowl instead of eating out the bag. I also had a lite string cheese and a new Weight Watchers Cookies and Cream 1 POINT bar....

I blew it. I really blew it with all those pretzels. But, instead of classifying it as a "binge" and continuing to crank out the food, I decided I would figure out how much I ate and count it so I would know for sure how the rest of my week would need to play out. But, how do you figure handful after handful of pretzels? I decided to weigh what was left in the bag and deduct it from the net weight of the pretzels. Whoa. I ate 5 1/2 servings out of a 10 serving bag. And because my POINT slider doesn't go that high, I had to plug in the numbers on Etools POINTS Calculator. It was 605 cal., 2.75 gr. fat and 5 gr. fiber. Guess what that equals??? I literally closed my eyes as I clicked on the Calculate button and peeked through my fingers. 12 POINTS. 12 POINTS!!! For pretzels!!!! Ugh. Add in the string cheese and cookies and cream bar and I spent 14 POINTS for this chow fest. But, then a lightbulb went off. I still have 5 POINTS left for the day! And I didn't even touch my Weekly Allowance Points yet either. So, even though I felt like I blew my day/week out of the water with eating a half bag of pretzels, I didn't. That was EXCELLENT!!!!!
The rest of the afternoon was spent doing homework and then I headed out for dance class with little daughter. Instead of sitting around chatting with the moms for an hour, I decided to run for another 20 min. in the parking complex. I still had time to come in to chat before the girls were done, so it worked out great! No, Excellent :)
But what do you do with only 5 POINTS for dinner? I planned on hot dogs and black bean soup for tonight and I was able to fit that into my budget for myself. I had a Dietz and Watson Gourmet Lite Beef Frank on a light bun, 1 c. black bean soup and carrots with a tbsp. homemade almond butter for all 5 POINTS...

None left for dessert, but I'll manage ;) I don't want to dig into the WAP yet, gotta save them for some parties this weekend.
I'm glad I figured things out today. It really changed my outlook and I feel a bit stronger again, like I can refocus and stay on track. Which is most excellent =)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

great blog! i too struggle with the afternoon snacking. it is seriously something that i'm trying to get control of. i feel like it's the only thing holding me back from reaching my goals. it sounds like you made some great choices today with dealing with yours!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Aw sweety. I'm sorry. We all have those days and those weeks. It happens and then we move on. Tomorrow is a new day and the start of a new week.

I'm going to have something on my blog tonight just for you. :)
((HUGS))
http://happytexans.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Awwwh, but you are doing pretty good in terms of balancing everything and such. So, don't worry!

Sue said...

You are my hero! I overdid it on some pretzel sticks last night myself. Got them for the boy, and one taste letd to another, then another...etc. YOU have a great outlook though. I love how you counted them and moved on. :)

Unknown said...

Trust me I understand. Over the last 3 months I've gained,lost,gained lost. It's been a roller coaster. Glad you had a break through today!! : )

Amanda said...

You did great! You figured it out, counted it and moved on!! That's a great lesson. And good job for going to your meeting. I know how that is when you KNOW you overindulged in the week. But I like to go to get an official starting weight for the week and start fresh. It's helps me w/ the next week.

Anonymous said...

you should be so proud of yourself for counting up those handfuls and factoring them into your points!!!! you were able to finish the day strong because of that and even though it might seem like you didn't eat "well" today, you stayed within your points which is awesome :)

Nicky said...

Nice job "fixing" the binge. I commend you for counting it and staying on track the rest of the day.

Sunny said...

I think it's great that you didn't just take the whole day as a loss (like I might have done) and eat whatever the rest of the day. Instead you adjusted your dinner accordingly! That's awesome! :)

Psalmist said...

Great job, pulling it back after those pretzels! I'm proud of you!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Thanks for your support, guys!!

Kelly - That was so funny!!! It really made my day - thanks!!!