Sunday, January 18, 2009

Another 5K Day!

I woke up this morning with all good intentions of trying out my treadmill 5K for the second day. I headed to the treadmill and about 14 min. into the run, I began having second thoughts! It's funny how your mind can really mess with you. I was coming up with all kinds of excuses as to why I didn't need to do a 5K run for another day in a row! Finally, I got in a groove (and something interesting came on the TV), so I pushed myself to finish it! I even beat my time from yesterday by 40 seconds! Just goes to show the power of the mind and unfortunately, mine likes to talk me into things(like wolfing down tons of snacks -more on that later) or shall I say out of things(like staying on program- again, more on that later).



So after this wonderful run in the scenic basement of my home, I decided to have cereal for breakfast. I love these Barbara's Bakery Puffins. A 3/4 c. serving is 90 cal., 1 gr. fat and 5 gr. fiber which comes to 1 POINT....







Instead of going with milk, I used them to top 1/2c. plain yogurt with 4 sliced strawberries...



For lunch, I decided to have a "redo" of my meal the other day. I browned a Spinach, Fontina and Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage, served it on a light hot dog bun. This time, I filled my plate with apple slices and a serving of Sea Salt and Pepper Rice Chips for a filling 7 POINT lunch...




This afternoon was spent hanging out with little daughter (big daughter was at a friend's house). We played games, Wii Fit and read. Then I made a snack that I haven't had in a long time - cheesecake pudding!




I love instant pudding; it really is ready in an instant! Which is essential for someone like me who lacks the virtue of patience. I topped my cheesecake pudding with a few slices of banana and 1/4 graham cracker crumbled. I know you're probably thinking, can't this girl eat ANYTHING plain???



That was really good, by the way. Kinda like a banana cream pie. It was filling for only 2.5 POINTS. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "it should've been enough, but it wasn't". Much of the remainder of the afternoon was spent snacking. Heavily. Which is probably how I will feel tomorrow. I don't know why I kept snacking. I actually was having conversations with myself that could be likened to a tennis match: back and forth, back and forth. I talked myself into eating stuff, then talked myself out, closing packages and pantry doors. Then in again, then out. WTF???? Pardon my potty mouth. But, as I always conclude...move on...NEXT!




Hi, I'm back! Yes, feeling better - back on track. Don't worry I'm not Sybil. Just feeling veklempt and had to regroup. Soooooo, on to dinner. We had some leftover roast beef from the freezer and along with that, I made a butternut squash puree and some crinkle potatoes...




I topped off the night with dessert. I know, I can hear the tsk, tsk from here, but I was still in the mood for the sweets. I had a serving of Breyers Fat Free Double Churned Caramel Swirl Ice Cream and a WW peanut butter cookie...




I feel full. Kinda sickish. As I sit here writing this post, my muffin top that's coming out of my jeans now feels more like a donut. Eeewww. What's a girl to do? Another 5K day tomorrow, you say??? Well, okay =(

9 comments:

Michelle said...

1st I tried your 5k on the treadmill my mind won LOL. You have the nicest plates I am sure you hear that all the time. Your meals are great too! I need to start eating mine on the real plates on the WW or Lean Cuisine plastic ;-)
Ok so you did good you had your activity and you ate I am sure you stayed within your points range with the activity points too. I too open and close the pantry freezer and fridge all day long too. As long as we don't take anything out that is bad we are ok! Keep up the good work!

Unknown said...

I feel for you. I do that whole "keep snacking" thing too and then get upset at myself. But look on the bright side that 5K has got to help balance out the snacking. : )

I loved the cheesecake pudding with banana's and graham crackers idea!!

Anonymous said...

Oh the mind sure likes to play tricks!
And oh wow, tasty eats! I have troubles with mindless snacking!

Anonymous said...

it's a new day.
clean slate.
how are you feeling this morning? in general?

Angela Power said...

I know that feeling of feeling all pumped to do the workout and then after about 10 mins hating it! lol We do HAVE to push ourselves to follow through though eh! It's always worth it after and I've never regretted having done it, only regretted having not done it!

I hate feeling "snacky" grrrrr!

Mom of Two Boys said...

What kind of treadmill do you have, Marisa? I'm looking to buy one so that I can watch TV when I'm on it too. It makes the time pass SOOOOO much more quickly!

Amy said...

The big thing here is that you realize what you are doing and not eating without thought! You got your exercise in and I think when I exercise harder, I'm more hungry and crave foods. Maybe pump up your breakfast a little more since your body is burning higher for the additional exercise. Hopefully, you won't feel so snacky a little later.

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Michelle - Give it a try again! Don't let that trash talkin mind win!! Thanks about the plates!

Melissa- I'm hoping the 5K cancels out the snacking. The scale will tell...

Sharon - yep, my mind is like a regular magician :)

MizFit - feeling much better (mentally) although this cold is lingering... Thanks for the great post this a.m.!

Angiealltheway - Sooo worth it! I feel awesome when I've powered through it! Yeah, snacky sucks :(

Nancy - LOL!!!! I have the oldest treadmill on the planet! Seriously, it's a hand me down from my parents - it HAS to be at least 20 yrs. old! The incline is broken and the surface area is very narrow, so I have to stay steady in the middle or I will fall off!!! Hey, but it does the job! At least the timer, cal, miles display still works :) Good luck on your quest - there are many to choose from. It's a great alternative to exercising outside/gym. I really love it!

Amy - funny you say that about bumping up my breakfast; I have been thinking that same thing!! Could be the problem with the afternoon munchers. I will give it a go for the rest of the week, see if that helps!

Kari@Onederland said...

Whoot Whoot for taking control over your thoughts and pushing yourself through the workout. Betcha felt great afterwards!
I've seen so many people that say they love those Puffins but of course I can't find the damn things in the store. I hate grocery shopping here...we never have anything.