Friday, January 9, 2009

Sweet And Savory

Well, in case you hadn't guessed, tonight was PIZZA NIGHT! Since I have been hanging with one foot over the cliff of overeating today, I decided to forego a pizza dinner for myself and make something else. I was having weird (but healthy!) cravings tonight : sweet potato and hummus. Not necessarily together! But, I did eat them as a meal in itself. In an effort to save some time, I put the sweet potato in the micro instead of baking it. Still a good tasting tater! I spritzed it with some ICBINB spray and drizzled a little low calorie pancake syrup. While the potato was nuking, I made the hummus. I could eat of vat of this stuff! It is amazing! I paired 2 tbsp. of hummus with carrot sticks. This was a different kind of dinner for me. Sweet and savory, all for 5 POINTS...



And then came PIZZA! While I was putting the leftovers away, I nibbled on some. I kept cutting little slivers off the edges of a few of the slices. But, this is a NEW ME! I do NOT FREAK OUT; I journal, count it and move ON. Nuff said :)

I ended the night with a yummy 3 POINT dessert: 1/2 c. Breyers Fat Free Double Churn Caramel Swirl Ice Cream with 1/2 of a Nonni's biscotti. Good stuff...

I have been sitting here debating whether to munch something else; I have really wanted to eat all day today! Could it have been my run on the treadmill that triggered this? Or maybe, the cold weather - I seem to want to eat more when it's winter. In any event, I read a post from Angie on the BLBE forum and it helped reel me in! I want to stay focused for my team!! Such a cool feeling! I hope I can channel this every time I might feel like overeating these next 16 weeks.
Gonna hit the hay, now. Just in case..... ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT GREAT job for not freaking out :) its something we learn and get better at huh?
and thats a great looking healthy meal! :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Marisa, I wanted to say thank you for you kind words. I have to thank you too for updating me, lol. We just got back into town after all these funerals and I didn't even know what team I was on, lol.

Go Team Angie!!!

We can do this together.
Sandy

Kinder said...

I have been feel snacky today too - what is up with that?

Your biscotti looks so good....

LOL!!

Go team Angie!

Anonymous said...

Love you mentality! So positive!!!

Anonymous said...

Hummus and carrot sticks are such a great combo!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Marisa - thanks for checking out my blog and good luck in the BLBE challenge!!

Your dessert looks SO yummy BTW:)

♥ Dee ♥ said...

When I run, I eat a little more, too. Also, when I'm pms-ing. *shakes fist at TOM*

Rebecca said...

A fellow team Angie member saying that I was having the same type of day as you! Hunger Buster NEEDED!!