Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stop The Insanity

Hi Everyone! A much better night sleep was had by all, so we are feeling more like normal people today instead of zombies ;)

I managed to get my regular workout in early this morning which felt good. After the daughters were off to school, I had a bowl of Trader Joe's High Fiber O's mixed with the storebrand high fiber cereal, 1/2 c. blueberries, a few strawberries and 1 c. Soy Slender...



I spent the remainder of the morning working around the house. Before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I was looking forward to trying these guys that I picked up at the grocery store the other day...


They are a krinkle-style baked potato stick with ketchup flavor! How fun is that? The serving size is the entire 1.2 oz. bag and for 120 cal., 3 gr. fat, 2 gr. fiber, it was a yummy 2 POINTS! And what goes best with fries? Yup, a burger! I went with a Boca Burger in the original vegan flavor (which is only 1 POINT!) served on an Arnold Sandwich Thin with a slice of 2% cheese, lettuce and ketchup. Some sweet grapes were the perfect side to round out this 6 POINT all-american lunch...

After lunch, I had some errands to take care of and while I was at Target picking up something for the husband, I saw these.....


A new product from Kashi! I haven't met a Kashi bar that I didn't like, so I decided to give these a try (plus they were on sale!). Oh my, they are yummy! Like a granola bar topped with an almost gooey frosting and sprinkled with some nuts. This flavor was pumpkin pie...




I have to say, it really did taste like a well spiced pumpkin pie! What a nice 2 POINT snacky. I also picked up the chocolate raspberry flavor; can't wait to try that one!

I wish I could say that was my only afternoon snack, however, it wasn't. I got really munchie and snacked on some other things: 1/2 pretzel rod, handful of baked potato chips, couple bites of little daughter's soft pretzel, piece of chocolate. Carbs and sugar. The usual suspects! Well, that sucked :( I don't know why I do that stupid snacking right when a weigh-in is coming up!! Sorry, Team Angie :( But, guess what? I stopped the insanity! Believe me, it could've gotten UGLY; I was in that kind of mood to eat and eat. However, I shut the pantry door, ran upstairs to get my running shoes on and headed to the treadmill for a 25 min. run! I don't know if it will make that much of a difference for my weigh-in, but at least it helped me do damage control. I'm thinking that was progress :)
My dinner options became fairly limited due to the oversnacking. I estimated the extra snacks at about 5 POINTS and because I don't have any Weekly Allowance POINTS left, that gave me only 4 POINTS to work with for dinner. I decided to make an egg white omelette with baby spinach, a tbsp. of Trader Joe's Roasted Pepper Spread and a shredded light string cheese . I also had a side of leftover string beans with garlic and evoo...

That 3 POINT dinner left me with one lonely POINT which I should have let go, but I knew I had these Mrs. Freshley's 100 calorie mini chocolate cupcakes...



They are 3 mini cakes for 1 POINT, so I broke into them and had some tea to go with these little guys.
I'm gonna call it a night and watch the Biggest Loser. Hopefully, that will inspire me to not eat any more food tonight!!




9 comments:

Ashleigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashleigh said...

I absolutely LOVE your plates! They're gorgeous!
How are the 100 cal pack cupcakes?? I LOVE the full fat/cal hostess ones, so it might be worth it to give these a shot!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Ashleigh - Thanks, I like the plates,too. Only downside is they are stoneware and food gets cold quickly after it hits the plate!

The cupcakes are good; tiny but, good! Sometimes they leave you wanting more, ya know?? But, for 1 POINT they're a nice treat.

Trying To Heal said...

ohh!! i tried the new raspberry tlc bar and it freak'n rockS!!! i hope you get to try it soon!

Anonymous said...

I can never let a point go either!!! Thanks for all of your comments and support on my blog!

Anonymous said...

oh wow those fries chips are fun looking! :) ketchup-flavored!!

oh my i remember getting 100-calorie cupcakes, and i almost finished the whole box =X

♥ Dee ♥ said...

WTG on the workouts, and the stopping of the insanity!!

Okay, now... as your teammate, aren't we supposed to butt kick when needed? So, not a full fledge kick, because you are staying within your points... but don't you think that your points would be better spent on nutrients rather than 100 calorie, 1-2 point garbage?

Juuuust sayin!

SMOOCH!!!

Alvin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You can go to Kashi's website and sign up and get free products occassionally sent to you as well as coupons. Those new Kashi bars, I was sent a sample in the mail, with coupons for two free boxes + $2.00 off coupons! I love when that happens!