Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Last Day

Hi Everyone! Today is the last day of Christmas break for my household. It's been of day of preparation to send the people in my house out the door in the morning. We have had a great vacation/holiday season but, now it's back to the grind. I dawdled around this morning, organizing things here and there. It was getting late, so I decided to eat breakfast before getting in a workout on the Wii Fit. I had some pumpkin leftover in the fridge, so I wanted to make pumpkin cranberry oats. Normally, I am not a fan of oats. The texture is weird to me and it doesn't seem to "stick to my ribs" as it's supposed to. Plus, it gets a little Pointy if you add too many toppings to it and I generally like to stick with a 3 Point breakfast. I was able to keep this bowl of oats at 3 Points, but it wasn't much to look at as far as volume goes! For this tasty bowl of oats, I used:
  • 1/3 cup oats (made with water and cooked on stovetop which made a big difference in texture! Definitely better than the micro)
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/8 cup dried cranberries
  • couple dashes of pumpkin pie spice
  • packet of Splenda

My favorite part of this was the cranberries, mmm...



Lunch was my usual wrap/chip/fruit combo! I had a turkey and ham wrap, grapes and some Sea Salt and Pepper Rice Chips. That's the last of those guys; but I would definitely buy them again...

I hit the grocery store this afternoon, came back, unloaded and picked up little daughter to go on a little shopping excursion for her. Before we left, I made some coffee and had a Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Bliss MiniBar(love these)...

For dinner, lots of carbs were on the menu! I made these delicious Sundried Tomato and Garlic Rolls. I found the recipe on Heather's awesome blog! I halved the recipe which was a good idea because they are great and I would eat way too many! To "go with" my rolls, I made mac and cheese with broccoli. I combined 1 cup of cooked whole wheat elbow macaroni with a sauce made from 1 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedge, 1/4 cup fat free milk and 1/2 tbsp. parmesan cheese. I threw in some leftover broccoli to bulk it up. Awesome! This carbolicious dinner came to 7 Points...


I helped myself to another roll, also. They are now in the freezer so that they do not cause me to put them on the evil list!
I had a Point left for dessert and I could've gotten away with not eating any. But then, I noticed these cocoa oatmeal cookies from the other night...


and they might "go bad" if no one eats them, so I had one. No waist waste, here!
Now, I'll remain upstairs (my new strategy) so that no more eating can occur. Kitchen closed!
See ya tomorrow=)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i haven't had a bowl of oats in a while! glad you liked today's better though!

and i really wish i had a wii fit right about now..

♥ Dee ♥ said...

You struck me with "Kitchen Closed". That's a great mindset, and I'm SO stealing it!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea of leaving the kitchen. Out of sight, no more snacking! Smart!

Anonymous said...

here's to monday (sigh)
and back to work!

how'd the closin of the kitchen go? did you sneak back?
I fear Id sneak back...

Anonymous said...

your mac n cheese looks fab - full of cheese AND veggies!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Madison - I begged for Wii Fit for my birthday! It is so fun!

Dee - no need to turn to a life of crime, I will gladly GIVE it to you!!!

Sharon- Out of sight seemed like a better idea than chaining the fridge!!

MizFit - hope your day back is easy on you! Changing my location definitely helped; no sneaky snack stealin =)

love - it WAS good! But, then again, anything with cheese on it is good, right??!!

Fatinah said...

Goodness - seems like lots of bloggers out here are making awesome looking mac & cheese! I'M JEALOUS!!