Monday, January 26, 2009

The Pursuit Of Saltiness

I craved the saltiest food today! This TOM is really a pain; literally. I felt like a blob this morning and too tired/achy to do my exercise. I knew I would need to find a way to do it later because I need to burn some of the calories from yesterday's sabotage snacking! I may have sabotaged myself this week, but I AIN'T quittin'!!!! There is a show of progress; my former self would have quit trying to eat healthy after binging like that. I would have felt defeated. But, I have come too far now, so no quitting. Onward!

For breakfast, I wanted to try one of these new (to me) Vitatops...



I love corn muffins, so I was excited to try these. I can't say they really taste like a corn muffin. I think they are more on the "wheaty" side, but still taste good, especially for 1 POINT! With my Golden Corn Vitatop, I made an egg white omelette with a handful of baby spinach. I let loose with the salt shaker ,too! It was more like a salt omelette with egg white!!! eeewww - but, it tasted really good to me today...


I finally dragged myself out of the house to do some grocery shopping. I was starving when I got home and I fixed a quick lunch while putting the food away. I looked for the saltiest things I could find. I went with a bowl of Tabatchnik Vegetable Soup, a Dietz and Watson Gourmet Lite Beef Hot Dog on a light bun with mustard and dill relish and a serving of crunchy, super salty pretzel sticks!!! Salt, salt and more salt!! I am probably going to weigh 14 lbs. more tomorrow with all this salt!!!! But, boy did it taste goooood! All for 5 POINTS...

I felt like something sweet afterward, so I had a Weight Watchers Peanut Butter Cookie for 1 POINT...

I tried to have something with a little more protein for snack to get me to dinner without an oversnacking incident. I went with a hard-boiled egg white (with salt!!), light string cheese and half an orange...


The husband and daughters had an early dinner tonight, due to big daughters basketball practice. While they were eating some leftovers, I put on my sneakers and headed to the basement for a treadmill run/walk. My Dad gave me a Polar heart rate monitor that he is no longer using and I have been excited to try it! I put it on (it's a chest strap and a wrist watch) and watched my heart go! I decided to run and walk to get more of a high intensity interval-type workout. It was good, but quick. I clocked out in about 30 minutes because I had to tend to little daughter, but I'm glad I fit it in.
I made myself a heat and eat dinner of this...

I know, more salt! I try not to eat frozen dinners because of this, but I had this in the freezer and thought I should use it up. Glad I did; it was awesome! I don't usually say that of Lean Cuisine dinners, but this one is a keeper. It is parmesan crusted fish with penne pasta, veggies and a tomato sauce. The fish was delicious and moist with a crispy coating and the pasta was al dente and had a nice flavor. I would definitely buy this again! I paired it with a salad dressed with Kraft Light Three Cheese Ranch. A yummy 7 Point meal...



I bought a boat load of berries at the store today, so I made a Berry Sundae for dessert. I used a serving of sugar-free, fat-free cheesecake pudding topped with 5 oz. sliced strawberries, 1/2 c. blueberries and a dollop of fat-free Cool Whip. YUMMMMMM!


I'm glad I was able to regroup today. Part of that was just eating whatever I was craving (hence, all the salty stuff) instead of eating what I thought would be a better or more well-rounded choice. There's always tomorrow for that.....
=)

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

You did a lot better than I do when I'm being visited by the curse! The berries look outstandingly delicious.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome with the monitor your dad gave you!
And tasty eats as always!!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

I want cheesecake pudding!! We don't have that here. *pout*

Sarah said...

cheesecake pudding? I'm jealous, lol.

Angela Power said...

All your food looks great! I am impressed with your healthy and filling protein snack with your hard boiled egg white and cheese and fruit!

I am still jealous of your cheesecake pudding and your 1 pt PB WW cookies! Damn you americans :-P

Anonymous said...

Great job getting back on track! The Lean Cuisine looks so much more appetizing when you put it on a plate instead of eating it from the tray. I'll have to try that.

Fatinah said...

Good Lord - all that food...looks so good.....and I haven't had breakfast...won't matter what I make now....won't taste as good as that all looks! shitters!

Amanda said...

Good job for staying on track even if it was salty food! Drink lots of water!

I forgot, I bought blueberries. Darn, no strawberries. I'll make some sort of dessert w/ the blueberries!!

Kari@Onederland said...

Though it may have been a little on the higher side of saltiness, the food all looked yummy. Just make sure to flush all that salt with loads of water today!

Tracy said...

All your food looks so yummy. And even though you were craving salt you still managed to fit it in your healthy eating. A few days of water will knock that salt right out. I wish I could find the vita tops here, they always look so good.

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Thanks, everyone!!!!

LOL!!! I am drowning myself with water and have been "sloshing" around all day!!

Anonymous said...

oh u found the corn vitatops! i agree i can't say i LOVE these, but i usualy loove cornbread so i really wanted to!

Unknown said...

Really, where do you get the pudding? Is it instant? I can't stop thinking about it...

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Melissa - LOL! It's Jello brand and it is instant (ready in 5 min -yay!) I'll be honest, though, it does taste very similar to the vanilla flavor. Let me know what you think, if you try it!