Sunday, April 26, 2009

Books, Bloggers And Brainless

The husband and I had a movie/date night at home last night. We got a movie for us and a movie for the daughters. They watched upstairs and we had our "date" downstairs. It was fun and no babysitter needed! Anyway, it got too late and I was too tired to blog, so here's my update from yesterday...


I woke up to some beautiful weather and was really itching to go for a run. My cheek is still a bit chubby and my stitches are still intact, so my gut was telling me to wait until everything was healed totally. Instead, I headed to the basement for a 40 minute stint on the elliptical with my weighted vest and did 20 tricep dips and 20 wall pushups. Good enough!

Breakfast was an open faced omelette with spinach, salsa and 1 oz. Cabot's 75% reduced fat cheese. Mmm... I love salsa on eggs! I had a slice of TJ's Sprouted Flourless Wheat Bread, all for only 3 POINTS...


I was really jonesing for some coffee this morning, too, but wasn't in the mood for something warm. I decided on a Vanilla Frappuccino with whip! I used unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze this time and some sugar free vanilla syrup and topped it with 1 tbsp. lite whip. This was a great 1 POINT treat!

After breakfast, the daughters and I went to a Used Book Sale over at little daughter's school. I was so excited for this! What a dork, right?? I could have spent hours there and lots of cash! Although, everything was priced at either $1 or $2, so you can't feel bad about spending with that bargain price. I scored some cool cookbooks...
And some summer beach reads...
The daughters picked up about 4 books each, too. It was a great time!
It was such a beautiful day that we ate most of our meals outside. So relaxing! My lunch was a Boca Bruschetta Burger topped with 1 tbsp. hummus (thanks to Kate for that AMAZING idea!) and roasted peppers on an Arnold Sandwich Thin. I had some soy crisps and a fuji apple on the side. A delish 6 POINT lunch...

Later, for a snack, I couldn't wait to dig into this....

Ever since seeing them on Kelly's blog, I had to have them! I have been searching high and low and finally came across them in Target. I chose the chocolate cookie caramel pecan flavor. Nuggets of goodness...

I think Kelly described these as "crack" and I would have to agree! Definitely leave you wanting more. Don't know if I could buy these again due to danger potential :) But, they are a fun and tasty 2 POINT treat.
After cleaning out my car, cleaning out the garage and running an errand, I wasn't in the mood to make a grand dinner. I pulled out a serving of Rigatoni(actually Ziti) with Three Cheeses from the freezer and heated that with some leftover asparagus. I made a side salad of tomato, cucmber and red onion dressed with a little olive oil and balsamic. Another outdoor dining 7 POINT meal...


Before we settled into our movies, I grabbed a Weight Watchers Candy Bar Ice Cream for a melty 3 POINT dessert...(sorry for the bad pic)


I won't embarass myself by telling you the brain cell deteriorating movie we watched! We had some good laughs, so it was worth losing a few brain cells :)
I just want to say how great it is to be part of this blogging community! I have gotten so many awesome ideas from you all and have tried things I might not have come across otherwise! Thanks so much for all the inspiration!
Enjoy the day and I'll be back tonight :)

12 comments:

WWSuzi said...

That vanilla frapaccino looks awesome!!

Sharon said...

Oh wow, delicious delicious! Especially dessert!!!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous said...

Jodi Picoult is an amazing author! I have not read that book yet!

Kinder said...

Your frapp looks so yummy!

What great book finds! I love Jodi Picoult!

Di said...

Used booksales or any kind of book sales are very dangerous to my financial health ! And now I have no room to house any more books, so purchases have to be very special. It kills me !

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I need that frapp. Not want; need!

So where do you find your Cabot's cheese? Wal Mart has it here but not the 75% ff. I'm still searching.

Glad you liked the "crack." But the honey cluster cariety is only 1 point per bag! That's not so bad. You could have two bags. hehe

That penne and cheese looks scumptious. Sure wish I had some.

Danica's Daily said...

I am so impressed that you hopped on the elliptical and worked out with your swollen cheek and stitches. That is total dedication.

Your food looks/sounds amazing - yum to your frappucino!

I LOVE used book sales too - you definitely scored some great things!

Have a fun Sunday.

Rebecca said...

I so wish there was a used book sale in my area! I always buy used from amazon. Cheaper and better for the environment!

Home movie nights with the husband is super fun! Dvd box sets are real fun to get into together also!

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Great visuals, I love them.

Anonymous said...

Love your site...I am not a blogger but enjoy reading them all. How do you make the three cheese pasta dish...looks absolutely delish.

lk- Health yDelicious said...

damn... now I'm going to have to look for that smartfood. It looks so good!

Unknown said...

Those eggs look great! And I love Jodi Picoult! Enjoy your summer reading!