Tuesday, April 21, 2009

OUCH!

My butt hurts. I know that sounds like a personal problem, but it is really the result of all the floor scrubbing from yesterday! Not only is my butt sore, but so are the back of my legs. Must have been all that crawling and squatting! Hey, who needs a gym when you've got dirty floors!

No time for aching, I had to move my butt to get out of the house on time. Before I left, I had a quick breakfast of cheesy toast made with a slice of Trader Joe's Sprouted Flourless Wheatberry Bread and a wedge of Laughing Cow Light Cheese for 2 POINTS...


I ate a bit light this morning in order to save room for a Tall Caramel Light Frappucino (no whip) for 2 POINTS that I had while having "coffee talk" with a friend...


After we talked amongst ourselves (*said in my best Linda Richmond voice*), I headed to a nearby outdoor trail for a 35 min. run. The last half mile, I ran interval sprints then ended my workout with 30 tricep dips and 10 pushups using a nearby picnic table. Who needs a gym when you have picnic tables??!! Well, without food on them, of course. Cuz that would be a major deterrent ;)


Then, it was home to eat! My stomach was telling me I was ready for lunch. After much debate with myself over what to have, I finally decided on these...


I love these! The breading is terrific and crispy. It's vegan, but it tastes like chicken ;P And you can't beat the nutritionals...


I put the patty on an Ezekiel Bun with some lettuce and 2 slices of center cut bacon (I know, kinda defeats the Vegan part!) and a squirt of Light Ranch. I had this with a lonely but delicious fuji apple since I was out of chips/soy crisps. All in all, a great 7 POINT lunch...

Later on, I had to take big daughter to do some shopping, but thought I better have a snack before we headed out. I didn't want to make the same mistake as yesterday with the pretzels, so I decided on this guy...



So glad I did! It tasted great, which satisfied me. A great 2 POINT choice!
Nothing fancy planned for dinner tonight. It was basically a free for all since the husband wasn't home for din din. I took orders from the daughters and decided on couscous and veggies ( a la Melissa )for myself....

My couscous bowl was made with 2 oz. whole spelt couscous (3 POINTS) and a box of these awesome veggies...



I don't usually call box veggies "awesome", but these are really tasty and the veggies are of a higher quality which don't include "stalks and ends" -ick. Best part is the whole box is 2 POINTS. I also added 1 tsp. olive oil to the couscous - gotta get in that healthy oil!
I definitely had room for dessert, so I ended with 1/2 c. Breyers Fat Free Double Churn Caramel Swirl Ice Cream topped with some sliced strawberries and a drizzle of Lighthouse Reduced Sugar Caramel Dip. A yummy 2 POINT treat...


Well, I'm hobbling off to bed with my sore gluteous maximus, but before I do I need to announce the winners of the Weight Watchers Baked Good coupon! Using Random Number Integer for all eligible comments, the winners are.....
TJ
The American Homemaker
Diet Diva
Please email me with your addresses and your coupon will be on its way! Thanks to all who entered! I have another giveaway coming up, so stay tuned. It's really fun!!!
Have a great night! Oh, and I just have to say that Ron from The Biggest Loser is a weiner=)

17 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, your food always looks so good! Ahhhh, sorry to hear that your bum is sore. LOL

Elizabeth said...

I love getting exercise "on accident". It is so fulfilling. :)

Danica's Daily said...

Everything you had looks soooo amazing. Thanks for all the product reviews, I now have some new fun stuff to try.

I was cracking up when I saw you write the points on your box - everything in my house is like that too :D

Stop by my site if you want to score some Annie's Naturals Dressings - I am having a giveaway and the lite versions are 1-2 pts for 2 Tbsp :)

C.G. the Foodie said...

What a delicious menu!!!!!

Lindsay C said...

I totally agree with you, I think Ron needs to be kicked off of the biggest loser he is such a game player and he thinks that because he is big and OLD he can manipulate everyone into believing that they have to do what he says!! :( Good Luck with the NEW start of the Weight Watchers... How is it going??

Anonymous said...

Laughing Cow Light is so delicious! I am googling those fake chicken patties right now!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous Now said...

Great eats! I've always wondered what Gnu bars taste like!

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog and I absolutely LOVE IT! What an inspiration to us just starting out on a path to better health. I'd really love to see some before and after pic's. The food looks wonderful and healthy. Thanks!

Shhhhh said...

Well, I hope you got your DH to rub your sore butt for you. hehehe

I'm thinking you like caramel - the frap, the ice cream, and the topping. I like me some caramel too. YUM!

Ron IS a weiner. He better hope that Mike never falls below the line now 'cause he'll be gone after what his Dad said. Stupid.

Finally I win something. Thanks, Marisa!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

ooohh...sounds like you got a good butt workout in! Way to work the saddle-bags! Next time I have to wash the floor, I will do your way!

superbecca said...

Thanks for the cheese toast idea! Your foods are always inspiring something :) I write the points on boxes too when I come home from the grocery store.
I thought it was hilarious that the pizza on the biggest loser was 8 servings...and how shocked they all were.

TheRavenousMommy said...

Another great vegan patty is the new Cluckphrey (by the same company that makes Ezekeiel). It's so good...plus it has a good amount of protein and low in sodium.

And I've become addicted to Laughing Cow Light! haha

katecooks said...

your lunch & starbucks both look so tasty!!! i have been buying those veggies too, they are pretty good.

sometimes ron really annoys me but at the same time he is SO there for his son and i like that. like how he told him to be mad & blame him for being so fat because it was his fault? i mean, he is definitely a game player but he is also playing for his son which i guess is admirable? better than helen i think who sent her daughter home and did anyone see when helen went home...yeah, she's lost a LOT more than shannon. she is the only parent who asked her kid to go home!!

i was sad that ron helped send kristen home tho. that was 100% gameplay!!

Sunny said...

i always look forward to cleaning day around the house because it's a great workout! maybe i should start scrubbing my floors more often...

thewwchick said...

Ugggg....RON! I thought I was the only one feeling that way. lol

Di said...

I think housework WAS our grandmother's form of aerobics. Combine that with wringer washers and glass milk bottles( those were heavy), they stayed in shape.

I think Ron and in turn Mike are perfect examples of energetic ways that we become fat. He has this idea that he is father to the world, but has no real wisdom to back up that position.It is an imbalance that leads him to the underlying cause of his weight. And poor Kristen has now lost enough to make her hormonal cycle go temporarily wacky, and that explains her gains two weeks in a row. Hormones are really nasty !

Kari@Onederland said...

Yeah who needs the gym. Or you could just do 2 hours of yardwork like me yesterday. I sure felt the effects of that in my legs today. lol. We are headed to MN and while we are there I swear I'm going to try to get to a Trader Joes. Your dessert looks delish!