Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lost That Losing Feeling

I think I'm in maintenance mode. Although, not officially since I haven't reached my goal yet. I just wanted to strive for my Weight Watchers goal so I could finally, after the bazillion times of joining Weight Watchers, become a Lifetime member. I'm not even considering my personal goal yet! But, for some reason ....*singing* I've lost that losin feeeeling, whoa, that losin feeling. I've lost that losin feeling, now it's gone...gone...gone... wooooh. Ah, where's Tom Cruise when I need him ;)

I had to head out early this morning, so no time for exercise. I had a dentist appt. during which I got bad news about one of my crowns. Even though it's not bothering me, it seems an infection of epic proportions is growing under there, so I'm going to need to have that cleaned out and go on an antibiotic. My teeth suck. They look okay, but it's just an illusion. Cavities, crowns and root canals are everywhere. I know my dentist must live in a White House sized mansion and take exotic vacations since I have become his patient. Anywho, before I went to my personal hell, I wolfed down a breakfast of 1 c. Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal with 1 tbsp. dried cranberries and 1/2 c. skim milk for 4 POINTS. Yum! Crunchy and chewy; an excellent combo for bad teeth...


After the stinky dentist appt., I had some errands to run. I sulked around the stores while picking up what I needed. My stomach started to rumble, so I knew it was time to head home for some lunch. I grabbed a leftover serving of Ziti with Three Cheeses to which I added a hefty serving of leftover broccoli. A nice 6 POINT pasta lunch...

Less sulking and more shopping went on in the afternoon. I picked up the daughters from school and spent most of the afternoon doing homework with little daughter and SNACKING!!!!
Snack #1: 15 whole wheat Triscuits and 1 tbsp. white bean hummus (3 POINTS)...

Snack #2 (not pictured): lite string cheese (1 POINT)
Snack #3: these "Righteous" cookies which are only Righteous when you eat the right amount (i.e. not 2 handfuls)...


Yucko. My stomach hurt after all this crappola. Dinner was late tonight, but frankly, I could have went without it. But, I felt like I "should" eat a healthy dinner. Not exactly a good example of listening to my body, but in a way, it helped me refocus. It was that "get back on track with the next meal" attitude. I felt if I skipped dinner, I would just be reinforcing that bingeing behavior. So, I made it a light dinner of 1 c. Trader Joe's Organic Creamy Tomato Soup topped with a couple Cheez-its and a ham, spinach and cheese panini made with 2 slices of Sprouted Flourless Wheat Bread, spiral ham, slice 2% cheese , handful of baby spinach and a squirt of cranberry honey mustard. A "makin it righteous" 6 POINT dinner...


And for some reason, I also had to carry on with dessert. The last of the No Pudge Brownies
(a bit of an oxymoron don't ya think??) for 2 POINTS...

*bring back that losin feeling.... don't ...don't...don't let it slip away......*

6 comments:

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Aw, it'll start back up. Just hang in there.
I have the same teeth: root canals, fillings, the works. My dentist loves me. I think I saw him in a Ferrari today. haha

Rebecca said...

Oh WOW...I am the exact same. I always get compliments on my teeth but like you it is just an illusion. I have paid thousands and I still don't feel comfortable with my teeth. Ugh...

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Kelly - LOL! I think my dentist vacations with your dentist :)

Rebecca - yeah, dentistry was the career to have for sure :)

Amanda said...

I am right there with you, struggling to get that losing feeling going again. I think it's so hard when you don't have a lot left to lose and you lose so much slower!! Hang in there.

katecooks said...

tbl was so good. i thought that you could really see how far the players have come and how amazing they looked when you didnt see them in sports bras and big t-shirts. tara especially...hello transformation!!

i was crying for max too. mike is seriously such an amazing brother. you totally know he is going to make sure his bro loses weight, no matter what it takes!

your dinner looks great! sometimes i think it's helpful to have a full meal and dessert even when you feel like you've gone off track because it sets you up right for the next day :)

Angela Power said...

I lost the losin' feelin a long time ago and it's only is making very brief appearances where it decides to promptly disappear from whence it came *sigh*

The dentist supremely bums me out too! I friggin hate it!