Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sad News:(

Hi guys. I'm gonna make this a quick post. I just got some sad news - my old college roommate's dad passed away, so I'm a bit distracted. Here's a rundown of the day...

Breakfast was 1/2 c. TJ's Nonfat Greek Plain Yogurt (I don't like plain, but I added a bit of Splenda and it was great), 1/2 c. Kashi Go Lean Crunch and 1 c. sliced strawberries for 3 POINTS. This took me a while to eat and held me over for hours...


I went out to lunch with Mom and Gram at a local diner. I ordered a salad with chicken, bacon, mandarin oranges, red onion with a raspberry viniagrette (I used the "dip fork" method). It was a small serving (well, an appropriate serving!) so I estimate it at 5 POINTS...

Afternoon snack was a Bluebran Vitatop and grapes for 2 POINTS...
I tried an interesting recipe tonight involving this...


I got the inspiration from this old Weight Watchers cookbook that I picked up at the Used Book Sale last weekend...


I reworked the recipe so much that I guess I can call it my own now! It was Polenta with Smoked Gouda and Mushroom Sauce....


It was 8 POINTS and out of this world good! I have leftovers, so I will be eating this again. I'll post the recipe the next time for you all :)
For dessert, another serving of Chocolate Banana Cake with Cocoa Glaze...


One word of advice about this "cake"- don't overbake it! Mine was cooked a little too long and it's more on the dry side. If you try it, start to check for doneness around 18-20 minutes. It doesn't take that long to set up and it's definitely better when it's moist! Dry cake sucks :P
Sorry to rush through this. See you tomorrow =)

21 comments:

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Soo sorry to hear that. Its always tough to lose someone you know.

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

oh! Sorry to hear about the passing! I will keep you, your college roommate and her family in my thoughts & prayers!

Anonymous said...

so sorry about the bad news! its completely understadable that you dont feel like youself, hang in there!

Connie B said...

Sorry for your friend's loss! Will send prayers up for you!

Unknown said...

It's hard to watch friends lose a loved one. Will be praying for your friend during this tough time!

I've never once had polenta. It's on my list of things to try sometime.

Vita muffin!!!!

That cake looks awesome. What a great idea!!

kristisummer said...

Sorry for your loss. Just tried polenta recently. very different but good. Love TJ's and their greek yogurt.

Vickie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's Dad passing.

{{{hug}}}

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Oh, sweety, I'm so sorry.

Your dinner looks really yummy. An awkward thing to say at a time like this but it really does look good.
((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear the bad news. My heart goes out to your college roommate and her family.

Danica's Daily said...

Awww - I am sorry to hear about your say news. But, on a positive note, I have to say your eats are still fabulous even for being distracted. Look at that polenta recipe - yum!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your friends loss...

On a lighter note...I laughed when I saw that you took a picture of your lunch while dining out. I've thought of doing this but was afraid too. I guess now, I have permission!

thewwchick said...

Oooooo.....I want that recipe when you have a chance! I bought an organic polenta over the weekend, and it's just sitting in the fridge staring at me. I hsve no idea what to do with it. I just wanted to buy it.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's dad. Sadly, I'm getting to "that age" where I'm seeing my own family members pass, as well as those of friends. I don't think I'm ready for this part of my life.

Rebecca said...

So sorry to hear of your sad news. Good job for staying committed to your food diary even during tougher times.

Di said...

Sorry for the loss. And small world- we are having something sort of similar for dinner here tonight, but involving polenta made in the crock pot. I am coming to think of polenta as just another blank canvas for savory things

Amanda said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend's father.


That polenta recipe looks great. I have never tried polenta but thought about it when I was trying the core plan last year. Never did get myself to make it though!

Angela Power said...

Sorry to hear that. It's hard to see a close friend lose someone so close to them and in that case it can mean close to you too :-(

katecooks said...

aw sorry to hear about your sad news. i am sending good vibes your way!

the polenta dinner looks awesome though. i am always pleasantly surprised when i cook polenta!

glad you liked the hummus topped burger!!! can you go wrong with hummus EVER?? i don't think so!

janetha. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
janetha said...

WOW i love gouda and mushrooms so i am loving that dinner! look forward to the recipe. sorry about your friend, that is so sad.

i have seen a lot of vitatop photos out and about, would you say they are worth the price? i am thinking of ordering them online.

Sharon said...

Oh my, I'm so sorry to hear. Keep your chin up.

Kiki (Run Kiki Run) said...

Very sorry for your loss.
Hope you are doing ok.