Thursday, April 23, 2009

Chubby Chipmunk

I've recovered nicely from my oral surgery. Thank you all so much for the well wishes! I really didn't have any pain last night, but took the Advil just in case. I have some swelling today which is making me resemble a chipmunk or squirrel with a big nut in the side of it's mouth, but it doesn't hurt so I can put up with it.

I didn't want to do any hard core exercise this morning because of my stitches. I decided that the elliptical wouldn't be too bouncy, so I did 40 minutes wearing my weighted vest. I kept it at a slower pace and it was just fine. I with a quick, easy breakfast after my workout. A banana date breakfast cookie and 1/2 banana was the perfect 3 POINT choice...



It was beautiful weather today, but I didn't spend much of it outdoors. Most of the day was spent still getting the house in order, mountains of laundry and other mundane chores. Drudgery! I enjoyed the quiet in my house though. I didn't even turn on the TV until lunchtime. I was feeling pretty hungry, so I thought I would give a "normal" lunch with crunch a try and see how my mouth could handle it. I had a chicken taco wrap (basically a repeat of last night's dinner - I added extra lettuce, tomato and a squirt of light ranch) along with some grapes and soy crisps for a hearty 8 POINT lunch...



It went down just fine ;)


I came across these guys during my last supermarket trip and decided to have them for a snack...


There are 4 dried apricots in this little bag. Ridiculous, right?? I can't help it; I'm a sucker for packaging! Advertisers should love me! Anyway, these are super good for you, chock full of antioxidants, fiber and potassium. One package is 70 cal., 0 gr. fat and 2 gr. fiber for 1 POINT.
I really wasn't in the mood to make dinner tonight. We got home late from little daughter's dance class, so I just did some heat and eat for everyone. I bought one of these Kashi frozen meals that were half price and thought I would give it a try...

I liked the nutritionals...only 5 POINTS...


I have to say, I didn't have high hopes that I would like this. I don't like many frozen dinners, but this one was pretty good. The lasagna noodles were whole grain, there were nice diced veggies throughout and even lentils! I didn't love the sauce, though. It's a little too zesty jarred Ragu-ish for me. I'm picky in the sauce department. Other than that, I thought it tasted good for a "dinner in a pinch". I served mine with some steamed asparagus for a filling 5 POINT meal...


With such a low-POINT dinner, I had plenty of room for dessert! I was excited to try these...


Yummmmm....

These are terrific! Think "frozen Snickers bar"! Only downside is they are a little POINTy for the size. To give you an idea...

I think you can get a lot more from other desserts for 3 POINTS, but if you have the POINTS to spare, give these a try! You won't be sorry. Unless you eat more than one. Which I definitely wanted to do :)
The husband just got home from work travel, so I'm signing off to catch up with him. Have a great night, everyone!!!!

15 comments:

thewwchick said...

The little ice cream bars look great....except the size (as you mentioned). I'm glad you're feeling better!!!

Sharon said...

Oh, I wonder why Canadians don't get Kashi frozen meals. :(
And a weighted vest? That is pretty neat!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

I cant wait to try those ice creams... I love frozen snickers! I have wya too many novelties in the freezer right now thouhg that I need to eat first.

Anonymous said...

bummer about the fruit :(

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... those bars looks like my all time favorite Snikers ice cream bar. Kashi frozen foods are really good. Great pick!

Unknown said...

I almost got that Kashi frozen meal the other week. I might have to try it sometime. It doesn't look half bad!!

Glad your recovering from the trip to the denist!!

Anonymous said...

one more thing I'll have to try and then hide because I won't be able to say no to them. Oh yeah!

superbecca said...

I made the chicken tacos/fajitas today!! It was a hit, and I LOVED the texture of the shredded chicken. Thanks :)

Leah @ Simply Fabulous said...

Glad to hear you are recovering nicely! Your dinner looks so good for so little points!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better. All of your recipes are wonderful. I'd like a link (or recipe) to the breakfast cookie. I wish I lived near a Trader Joes.

Amanda said...

About the ice cream bars, I know the regular snickers ice cream bars are 4 pts (which is only 1 pt higher). Have you ever had those and how would you compare the size and/or taste with those? Maybe you've never had them, not sure, but for only 1 pt more, I was curious!! Haven't found the WW ones in my store yet.

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Heather - yeah, I could definitely see eating more than one - yikes!

Sharon - that stinks! Kashi should show Canadians some love!

LK-HealthyDelicious - I have a good stock going too!

theskinnyplate - I'm tempted to try the Mayan one too.

Melissa - I have to say that the portion size was quite large for a frozen meal; which makes me happy!

Ang- yep, definite potential for disaster with those bars!

superbecca - so glad you liked it!

Leah@simplyfabulous - definitely worth the 5 POINTS!

Terri - here's the link to my recipe
http://trimthefat-marisa.blogspot.com/2008/12/cookie-for-breakfast.html or you can search my blog in the upper left. enjoy!

Amanda - no, I never tried those! I guess I figured it would be way too many points! Good to know. Wait, on second thought, that may be a VERY bad thing ;)

Tana said...

I love your recipe for the banana date cookies, they are delish! Yours look so much "prettier" then mine lol

American Homemaker said...

That ice cream bar looks so yummy!

kristisummer said...

glad you survived your dental procedure. I manage a dental office...not fun.