Thursday, April 9, 2009

I Am A Warrior

A Disney "warrior", that is!

Hi Everybody!!! I just got back from my family trip to Disney. It was CRAZY!! The husband said we are "born again hard" like a Marine! lol! We knew it wasn't going to be a "relaxing" vacation, but it was a bit much sometimes dealing with the huge crowds that were there and the extreme wait times for some of the attractions. I had brought with me a book, Walt Disney World with Kids 2009, and I have to say that it was my saving grace during the trip. I carried it in my bag to every park that we visited and it was so helpful. There are maps, in depth ride descriptions, "don't miss" lists and it also includes charts with time estimations for speed of lines and duration of shows/rides in addition to everything you wanted to know about dining in Disney. It really helped us navigate through the park and pick which rides/attractions we wanted to see. So worth every bit of the $17.95! I highly recommend it!

As for the dining, well, let's just say that it is very "kid-friendly". There were lots of chicken nuggets, fries and hot dogs. But, surprisingly, there were also many more healthy choices than I had anticipated. I was happy to see salads, whole wheat buns and baguettes and veggie sides. I tried my very best to make as many healthy choices as possible during this trip. I wasn't perfect. I picked on the daughters' fries here and there and did have tastes of this and that, but overall, I stayed on the healthy side. In addition to all the walking we did (generally about 6-7 miles a day according to my pedometer!), I went to the gym every morning and did the elliptical for 30-40 minutes. Pretty good, eh?! The husband was even impressed! He's usually stuck working out by himself on vacation, but now I was waking up at 6:30-7 a.m. and huffin it right along with him! Not sure if the scale will show me some love after all this, but I'm really happy with myself and feel that I was able to enjoy myself on vacation while also keeping my health in mind :)

I'm looking forward to getting back to my "home" routine tomorrow. Most of all, I'm looking forward to getting back to blogging! I have missed it this week. I felt strange not taking pics of my food, but honestly, it would have been near impossible with all that was going on. I can't wait to catch up on all your blogs and see how everyone is doing, too!!!!! Hope everyone has been well and I'll see you for a "back to normal" post tomorrow night!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww sounds like you had a BLAST!
im jealous :D

Sharon said...

What an awesome time! And mmmm delicious time tooo! I wouldn't have been able to resist chicken nuggets!

Unknown said...

I'm so thrilled that your back!!!!! Glad you had such a good time!!!! :D

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you..To have such a great trip, and take care of you during that trip, is a great balancing act. I'm sure the scale moved for you! Congrats!

Vickie said...

Welcome Home!!!!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Welcome back! You were missed.
Thanks for the book recommendation because I was thinking of planning a trip but have no clue. I went when I was 6.

And good for you....exercising while on vacation. WOW! Impressive. :)

((HUGS))

Connie B said...

Glad you had a great time and got back home safely! Great job on working out while on vacation!!

thewwchick said...

We missed you! As soon as I read your post about heading out to DW, I knew you were bound for a fun time. With the exception of all the spring break traffic of course. lol DW is a total blast! We're going back for Christmas again this year. In 2007, we went TWICE! lol We love it. PS...I know all of the places to get WW friendly grub. Even at the 50's Prime Time Diner. Yes, I'm a dork. Did you stay on property? Use the dining plan?

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

this sounds so fun!! I've never been.
sounds like you made great choices too- you can't expect to be perfect on a trip like that!

Amanda said...

So glad you are back! I have come to realize that I am addicted to your blog!! :)

Wow, you got up by 7 every morning to exercise? No matter what the scale says, that's a true champion! Congrats on a great week!

Shhhhh said...

I love, love, love WDW! Hubman and I want to take the younger kids sometime in the next couple of years. Glad to hear y'all had fun - besides the wait times. UGH! hehehe

Hope the scale will show you some love!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. You made great choices already. Don't be too hard on yourself. Welcome back!!

katecooks said...

welcome back, yay!!!! sounds like you had a great time and absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. i cant believe you exercised so much, that's amazing!

speaking of that book...my mom definitely used it when we went to disney for the first time. i remember getting to the park as it opened and cutting through a back alleyway with bathrooms to beat the crowd that immediately headed to space mountain. it was embarassing but we were on the ride in five minutes, so i guess i have to give her credit for that :)

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! And working out every morning...you kick butt :)

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Thanks for the kind words everyone!!!