Saturday, April 18, 2009

A New Member

I just joined Weight Watchers. Not really. I've been a member since July 2007, but when I went to my meeting this morning, I decided that I am going to pretend that I am a brand new member! Goofy, right? Well, remember that feeling you had when you made the solid decision to embark on a weight loss program? Kinda a mix between disgusted, fed-up, overwhelmed, desperate and excited for a new start? Then, you fully immersed yourself in your program of choice, being extra attentive and hypervigilant about following it to the T. You were very "rah rah" and "I can do it". Well, I tried to channel all those feelings from "day one" and went into my meeting this morning like it was my first. I told the receptionist my plan and she played along. Fresh start. I'm not looking at any of the previous pages of my weigh-in booklet and lamenting over it. I'm just starting new. And how ANNOYING am I that I am one of those people that joins Weight Watchers and only has 10 pounds to lose *wink, wink* ???!!!!

I headed out early for my meeting and rushed back just in time to have some toast before taking little daughter to a make-up dance class. I toasted up 2 slices of Trader Joe's Sprouted Grain Wheat Bread and spread them with 1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge for 3 POINTS...



When we got home, I did some housework and headed to the treadmill for a 35 minute run and 5 minutes of tricep dips/weights.

Before I knew it, it was after 1:00 and time for lunch. Chips made a reappearance in the form of these...

A big serving is only 2 POINTS...

I also made a salmon salad wrap using a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Wrap , a handful of baby spinach and the other half of the salmon salad mix - YUM! I paired it with some carrots for a delish 5 POINT lunch...

I will definitely keep that salmon salad in my normal rotation; it is so good!
I spent some time outside with the husband and daughters. What a glorious day! We had lunch outside and it was so nice!
While prepping for dinner, I realized I was getting hungry. I didn't think I could make it an hour til dinner, so I grabbed this for a snack...
I love this bar just as much as the Peanut Butter flavor!!! I think this may be my fave, though. You can taste and smell the banana flavor and the bits of walnut. These are so great and only 2 POINTS! Thanks again to Robyn at Gnu Foods for introducing me to these beauties!
We broke out the grill for dinner tonight! It was perfect grilling weather. I decided on burgers. I used 96% lean ground beef and some seasonings and formed the patties. I served mine on an Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bun with a side(3 oz.) of sweet potato oven fries and grapes. A summery 9 POINT dinner...


and a good old dessert of Deep Chocolate Vitatop with PB2 "icing"! I paired it with 1/2 c. skim milk for a satisfying 3 POINT dessert...


Wow, this Weight Watchers Program is so easy to follow! I ate all the things I loved, but still stayed within my daily POINTS! This is such a great program; I'm gonna tell all my friends! I don't know why I haven't done this before ; )
Fake it til I make it =)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Great idea, every so often I go back to basics too and find I pay more attention to measuring and healthy oils. Yummy eats today, I wish we had the great grocery stores you talk about, not even close around here.

Jennifer said...

I love your plan of starting over.

Vickie said...

Welcome to the Weight Watchers plan! I just know you're going to love it! {wink}

Anonymous said...

drooling over food pictures

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Welcome to Weight Watchers. We don't generally take too kindly to folks who only have 10 pounds to lose but for you we'll make an exception. ;-)

Looks like you are doing great. Very healthy and in your points range. I bet that scale will give you a smile next weigh in. :)

Sharon said...

Great job in starting over, and Weight Watchers seems great! ;)

Connie B said...

Nothing wrong with "revamping" your program!!! Congrats on becoming a "new" member!!

P.S. Don't ya just love Trader Joe's?!?!?

Kinder said...

You are too cute (=

Unknown said...

you have such really good snacks the trader joes is in the next city for me arrgh