Sunday, April 19, 2009

Making It Through Day 2

I woke up to another nice morning. I was tempted to go for an outdoor run, but my ankle has been bothering me a little, so I opted for the elliptical instead. I did a weighted 35 minutes and 20 tricep dips. The weighted vest makes a big difference. I don't realize how heavy it is until I take it off! And it's only got 18 lbs. in it right now!


After the workout, I made a quick bowl of cereal: Kashi Go Lean Crunch, Fiber One, strawberries and 1/2 c. skim milk for 3 POINTS...


I was in the kitchen after that doing some "cook ahead" meals. I was in the mood for some coffee, but after I made it, I decided I would rather have something cold. I dug out the blender and made a "frappucino". I used 1/2 c. skim milk, 1 c. brewed coffee, 1 tsp. instant espresso powder, 1 tbsp. sugar free caramel syrup and lot of ice. This was definitely a big serving - like a "venti" ;) All for only 1 POINT...


Lunch was al fresco since it was so nice. I had a hummus sammie made with 2 tbsp. hummus, baby spinach, tomato and pickles on an Arnold Sandwich Thin. A sweet fuji apple and barbeque soy crisps were great sides for a 6 POINT lunch...

After lunch, we headed to the movies. The daughters each wanted to see something different, so the husband and I decided to divide and conquer. The husband and little daughter went to see Monsters vs. Aliens and big daughter and I saw The Hannah Montana Movie. I enjoyed the movie, although her "twang" seriously gets on my nerves. And once again, thanks to Disney for making yet another movie where the mother is dead! Sheesh! Anyway, there was no out of control popcorn shoveling thanks to the fact that big daughter wanted Twizzlers instead of popcorn. I'm safe with Twizzlers, so it was all good :) By the time we got home, I was ready for a snack. I went with 1 oz. Penny Sticks honey wheat pretzels and a lite string cheese for 3 POINTS...



An hour later, my stomach was growling! Seriously growling, not just "hmmm... I feel like eating something". I drank a bucket of water, but that didn't help with the growling, although it did help me stay out of the kitchen because I was spending loads of time in the bathroom!
I got dinner going before any crazy snacking could occur. I made garlic thyme chicken thighs on the grill (technically, the husband is grill master!) and sauteed kale and white beans with hearty Italian bread for the family and a slice of Trader Joe's Sprouted Flourless Wheatberry bread for me. What a delicious 7 POINT dinner...





I wasn't in the mood for a big dessert, but I still wanted a little sweet. I decided on these...



I love these little chocolate chip cookies! What I think is neat about them is that they are very crispy, but yet have not been baked! They have not been heated to more than 75 degrees which helps keep the nutrients intact. I think because of that, they can be considered a "raw food". They are made with soy protein and fruit and vegetable concentrates made up of apple, broccoli, carrot, cranberry, orange and tomato.. All I taste is sweet yumminess! A serving is 5 little cookies for 130 cal., 4 gr. fat and 3 gr. fiber which is 2 POINTS...


Perfect with a cup of tea which I did not feel like making! Just as perfect on their own :)
Well, I made it through Day 2 of my "fresh start"! My stomach is having the nerve to growl right now! I guess it got used to having tons of crappy snacks shoved into it, so now it's complaining. But, *fingers in my ears* la la la la la, I can't hear you!!!!!!!!
Going to bed to dream of ..... six pack abs =)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think i need to go to trader joes again and stare at the food.

Sharon said...

Chicken looks great and so do those cookies. =)

Unknown said...

wow your meals look great I really gotta get to planning my meals better

Girl in Carolina said...

I just love your blog. Thanks for uploading all the photos! That frap looks delish! Also, I am making your crab salad tomorrow for lunch. Can't wait to try it!

Sarah said...

Great job! I love the swiss chard and white beans, I would never think to do that, what a great idea.

thewwchick said...

1 - Will you come make lunch for me? Your lunches always look so dang good, girl! I *heart* hummus. :)

2 - I thought we lost all this weight so we no longer HAD to wear extra weight. lmao You rock for kicking the intensity up a notch (or 18) by wearing that vest.

3 - I'm safe with Twizzlers, too. I love it when the kids as for stuff like that so I don't feel the need to dive into the bag like I do peanut butter cups or buttery popcorn. Smart cookie for letting the kids pick!

kristisummer said...

I love Trader Joe's. I drive 40 minutes to get to the closest one. I want to invest in one of those weighted vests, and don't sell yourself short and added 18lbs is a lot. great job!Just found your site every nice. We live in PA too.

Vickie said...

congratulations on another successful day...you'll have your stride back in no time at all!

Fit & Losing Weight said...

Great new attitude, lovvvvee that!! The meals are looking great and your workouts are awesome! Can't wait to see what you eat tomorrow :]

Leah @ Simply Fabulous said...

Hey there! I found your blog through Darci's blog "My Road to Weight Loss." I just wanted to say you are doing amazing with the weight loss.. you must feel great! keep it up!

Leah

Shhhhh said...

We were talked into watching Monsters vs Aliens. UGH! I think I would have preferred Miley's twang over it. Seriously bad movie.

Oh, and twizzlers don't temp me one little bit either. ;)

Yummy food as always. And you people with your Trader Joes are pissing me off. I want one closer dammit. hehehe

katecooks said...

mmm your coffee drink looks amazing! congrats on ignoring the growling tummy...that can be hard!! sometimes tea with a lil milk helps silence mine at night :)

Anonymous said...

I saw Hannah Montana (Miley) on American Idol and I DID NOT like her country twist on her song - it just sounded nasally!

Good eats!! Love the arnold thin sammie! :D

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Ang - TJ's is awesome!

Sharon - I heart those cookies :)

princessvalecia - I know; planning is the hardest part! So much food, so little time!

Carolina Girl - Aw, thank you SO much! Let me know how you like the salmon salad!

Sarah - it's really good and easy, too!

Heather - that vest is great! Can't wear it outdoors, though - people hit the ground, cover their heads and scream. It's a little "suicide bomber" looking :o

kristisummer - thanks for coming over! Yay for PA!!!

Vickie - thanks! I'm feelin the mojo again :)

Fit and Losing Weight - thank you for checking me out!!!

Leah@SimplyFabulous - thanks for finding me - glad to have you!!!

TJ - yeah, Miley's wasn't that much better. Well, not a bad movie, I'm just OVER HER, ya know??!!! LOL!

katecooks - oh, I didn't think of that! I will try that next time because a growling stomach is VERY annoying when you are trying to sleep ;)

biz319 - yes, she is nasally, twangy and her teeth are a bit fang-y. I know that is not nice, but I felt like rhyming ;)