Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dentally Challenged

I had my gloomy dentist appointment early this morning. Last night, I read up on the procedure that my dentist was going to perform and I got freaked out. But, I managed to buck up and went anyway. Thankfully, everything went well even though I felt skitzy and super anxious half way through the oral surgery and had to sing songs to myself to distract me from jumping out of the chair and running out of there looking like Dracula with blood dripping down my chin! Such a baby!

Before I went to the dentist, I made a big breakfast just in case I wouldn't be able to eat after the procedure! Lord knows, I wouldn't want to go without food. That would only be adding insult to injury! I had an open-faced omelette with 1 oz. diced ham and chives, a slice of TJ's Sprouted Flourless Wheat Bread and 1/2 banana for 4 POINTS...


Despite the fact that I had facial paralysis on the entire right side of my face for hours, I still managed to get some food in! My thought was to go with softer foods, so that it wouldn't be too rough on my stitches. I decided a big bowl of this soup would fit the bill...


And it was green in honor of Earth Day! I had the whole can of soup for 3 POINTS...


I also made a PB2 and Sugar Free Grape Jelly sammie on an Arnold Sandwich Thin(2 POINTS)with a side of sliced fuji apple(1 POINT)...

The sandwich went down o.k., but the apple was a little too jarring for my mouth, so I skipped eating it and saved it for the daughters' snack.
After running the daughters around to some afterschool activities, I sat down for a soft snack of Oikos Nonfat Greek Yogurt and a BlueBran Vitatop for 3 POINTS...



I finally found the Honey flavor! It was delicious! Probably the sweetest of them all. And the BlueBran Vitatop, well.... it's a Vitatop! How can you go wrong??!!
I had planned ahead for dinner, just in case I was incapacitated somehow from my dentist appointment! Gee, so much for positive thinking, right? Anyway, I yanked out the crockpot this morning and put in 1 lb. frozen chicken breasts, some seasonings - salt,pepper, cumin, garlic and onion powder, chili powder and 1 cup salsa. I cooked it on low until done, then shredded the chicken (didn't need much help -it basically falls apart) and added in 2 tbsp. lite cream cheese. Stir until melted. It is soooo good and 4 POINTS per serving (4 servings total)! I used it to make chicken soft tacos. My plate was 2 soft tacos made with 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortilla -cut in half to make 2, half ounce of Cabot's 75% Reduced Fat Cheddar and some lettuce. To go with it, I had some leftover kale with white beans. A fabulous 7 POINT dinner...


I was able to get this down pretty well. Normally, I would have went crazy with the toppings/veggies for the tacos, but I didn't want to push it since the anesthetic was wearing off and I wasn't sure if I would be sore or not. So far so good! Yay!
After dinner, I took the daughters to a Health Fair at their school. It was interesting and fun. I spent quite a bit of time talking to a registered dietitian there. That was cool!
We got home a little too late for dessert. I had planned on some ice cream, but I'm more tired than anything, so I'm gonna let it go for tonight. I'm popping some Advil, antibiotic and I'm off to sleep. Nite :)

12 comments:

Sharon said...

Hope you have a great night - I hate the dentist!

Anonymous said...

I am not a fan of the dentist. Makes me antsy just thinking about it!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

og gosh... you should never read like that before a procedure!! I hope you aren't in too much pain...

Wendy said...

the dentist can really ruin a day of good eats! : ) but it looks like you did a great job!

Laurel said...

I feel your pain. I once showed up to my dental appointment, signed in, then chicken'd out and left. Hope you are feeling better! I have really enjoyed surfing your site!

Di said...

Hope your mouth feels better in record time !

Anonymous said...

I hate the dentist too.I'm glad you're feeling better. I found your blog off of one of the other weight loss blogs.

I'm on Weight Watchers too and always looking for food ideas - what PB2? Love peanut butter but hate that my brand is 5 points for 2 TBSP.

Shhhhh said...

I still haven't made it to the dentist. I think Hubman is going to have to make an appt for me or I'll never go. Eek!

Hope it's not bothering you much today.

thewwchick said...

I feel for ya! I joke and say I'd rather give birth than have more dental work done. Except I'm not joking. Dental surgery freaks me out. I think it's all the drilling and seeing chunks and specs of MY OWN BONE flying all over the room. It almost shimmers in the giant dental light they try to blind me with. The last major round of stuff I haad done was long and painful. The dentist and his assistant became distracted in the middle of the event when they noticed the Oscar Meyer wiener mobile driving down the street. I'm not kidding. I was loopy on gas, but I remember it well. I was laughing like a goofball...high as a kite. Good times.

Anyhoooo...hope you're feeling better today!!!

katecooks said...

aw glad it went okay! im jealous you were able to find the honey yogurt, i really want to try it!!!

Leah @ Simply Fabulous said...

You eat so well! I love all the healthy food you have. I had split pea soup today as well! :)

Glad your appointment went okay.

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

You poor thing! I've had that paralysis on one side of my face. Makes drinking out of a straw almost impossible. Kind of funny as liquid dribbles down your face. LOL

Hope you are feeling better today and that tooth isn't giving you too much trouble.