I decided to try out a treadmill run this morning since the last of my stitches fell out yesterday. I think I am pretty well healed, so I cranked up the treadmill and did my 40 minute run. Yay! It felt so good! I can't believe how much I miss it when I don't run! I threw in 20 tricep dips and 15 wall pushups, too!
After that, I fixed a quick breakfast of an Ezekiel English Muffin with a wedge of Laughing Cow Light for 3 POINTS...
I fiddled around on the computer and did a little cleaning (very little), then it was time for lunch. I made a salmon salad wrap with a side of carrots and TJ's Sour Cream and Onion Rice Chips for 5 POINTS...
While little daughter was in class, my friend ,Coleen and I went for a walk around the parking area and solved all the world's problems. We walked at a pretty good clip, so I got in an extra 30 minute exercise today! I love when bonus exercise happens :)
- 24 oz. tube of prepared polenta
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. skim milk
- 2 oz. lite smoked gouda ( or lite smoked mozzarella), grated
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. container of baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 11x7 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Slice tube of polenta into 1/2" slices and layer in baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over butter; whisk quickly and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cheeses. Stir in mushrooms.
- Pour sauce over polenta slices and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 3 hearty servings at 8 POINTS each.
I ended the day with some Righteous Rounds for 2 POINTS...
And a handful of little chocolate eggs and bites, licks and tastes of Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. Ugh! Glad I took that extra walk today ;)