Monday, June 15, 2009

According To Schedule

Today was the first full day of togetherness with the daughters. So far, so good. I devised a schedule for our day...
  • my workout from 8 -9 a.m.
  • cooking lesson with big daughter at 9 a.m. (she know where nothing is in our kitchen, so I decided it's about time she learn!)
  • cleaning of disgusting rooms from 10-11:30 a.m.
  • washed and dressed 11:30 -12 p.m.
  • lunch 12 p.m.
  • after lunch....whatever sounds fun!
There were no complaints about the schedule and it worked out pretty smoothly. I started off with a good 20 minute fast run on the treadmill and then switched over to Level 1 of The Shred. I'm going to try to up my exercise time as long as the daughters cooperate. It was a good workout and I wore my heart rate monitor for fun today, too! It's a Polar F1, so it's an older model that you have to "do the math" to figure out how many calories burned. I found an online calculator and it looks like I burned 411 calories. Not too bad! I'm not sure how accurate that measurement is since I go by the average heart rate and my heart rate goes down quite a bit when I do the strength part of The Shred. Oh well, it's cool to have a general idea anyway.

After my workout, I had a cereal bowl of Quaker Crunchy Corn Bran, 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 1/2 c. strawberries and 1/2 c. freeze dried bananas for 3 POINTS...




When all the chores were complete, I made some lunch. I was in the mood for salad today. I decided on a Chicken Bruschetta Salad made with romaine, 4 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1/2 c. homemade bruschetta and 1 slice of asiago cheese. Such great flavor for only 5 POINTS...


I needed some extra crunch, so it was a good time to try these new Mini Edamame Crackers...


A whole lotta for only 2 POINTS...

These are another rice chip-type cracker that are thin, crispy and a bit salty. I love that you get so many in a serving...


all together now...


Then, we were off to the mall to shop in the most hideous of all stores...Hollister. Big daughter wanted a few things from there, but it is the loudest and darkest store I have ever been in! I have never felt older than when I'm in that store! The lack of lights... the loud music.... the whippersnappers working there....LOL! Seriously, I did ask one girl who works there if she needed to sign a waiver against future hearing loss when she was hired. And guess what she said? She said, "WHAT????" See, it's happening already ;P
When we got home, little daughter wanted to make cookies. Lovely. That means cookie dough, chocolate chips and lots of cookies begging to be eaten. I caved. I indulged in it all. Cookie dough. Chocolate chips. And a cookie x 2...


My stomach was not happy after that. Thankfully, I had a reasonable dinner planned. I baked some mahi mahi and served it with leftover Greek Lima Beans for 5 POINTS...

Nooooo dessert tonight. I had enough for the whole week this afternoon! Gonna have to burn some serious calories the rest of this week!
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

Post-it Notes said...

It sounds like your schedule with your daughters worked out great. Dont be too hard on yourself for the cookies. I would have given in too!! :)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sounds like a very nice day! :) Don't worry too much about the cookies; the rest of your meals were awesome!

Patty said...

Got here via Terry's blog--that was super sweet of you!

Wow, you are so close to goal and actually you profile pic looks like you are already there!

Sarah said...

I love that you and bigger daughter are doing cooking 'lessons', fantastic!!

The greek lima beans look delish, I'm going to try it next week.

Anonymous said...

The cookies were calling me last night too. Only I wish mine were chocolate chip, they'd been much healthier than what I had!

I think that is awesome that you are doing cooking lessons with your daughter. I seriously should do that with my girls. My youngest loves to help me in the kitchen but I've never actually showed her how to measure and things like that. Great job!

Thinspired said...

Such wonderful balanced eats! You make it look easy.
How are those edamame chips? They sound good.

Shhhhh said...

Glad the first day went well. I hope you still have your sanity at week 3 though. hehehe

I know what you mean about stores like Hollister. I dread going into those places. My 20-something daughters will drag me in there and I feel so freaking old looking around. Nothing appeals to me. GAH!

Can I have a cookie? *grin*

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Seriously, Hollister is like walking into a club. Also, not sure if your Hollisters are like ours, but you can smell the cologned coming out of the place 100 feet before you get there!

Great job sticking to your schedule for the day!

MizFit said...

sounds like such a great day---and you also seem to juggle it all with such EASE!!

Im working on that part :)

Amanda said...

I just wanted to tell you that I tried that sandwich today at Cosi and it is so delicious!!! I love their bread and the feta cheese spread was great! It's my new favorite from there for sure! Thanks!

Kari@Onederland said...

that salad and dinner looks so yummy. Sounds like you came up with a great schedule for you and the kids. And my gosh I laughed so hard about the girl working at hollister saying "what". TOO funny.

Juice said...

I'm at a loss when confronted with cc cookies. Powerless!!!!

Danica's Daily said...

I LOVE the schedule - I am such a planner too!

Thanks for the review on the Edamame Crackers - I've been eyeing them and wasn't sure how they would be.