Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm Not A Tea-totaler

Yay for the sun! I woke up to bright skies for a change which was a terrific feeling! I got up and starting getting ready for a fun day. I didn't make time for exercise this morning, so I officially called this a day off. And boy, was it. It could also be called "The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted". You know where this is going...


I got myself and the daughters ready and headed out to pick up my mother-in-law for a fun treat. Before we left, I had an Apple Pie Larabar for 4 POINTS...


That was the last of the counting. Weight Watchers??? Huh?? Do I do that program??


I picked up my mother-in-law and we all set out to a neat tea room in our area. I have been wanting to take my MIL for a while, so we were finally able to make it here for a belated Mother's Day treat...


We started with some oyster crackers with horseradish...


Both daughters and MIL decided on the Afternoon Tea which included varied tea sandwiches (chicken salad, egg salad, cream cheese and olive, and hummus and cucumber!), mini carrot cake bites, chocolate cake, marble cake and petit fours, and blueberrry, cranberry and butter pecan scones with lemon curd, cream and preserves. All this was served with a large pot of tea for the table. Of all the sandwiches, the hummus and cucumber was the favorite! Funny, I had that same thing yesterday! Now, the daughters want to have it for their next lunch! Who knew?? It was such a delicious spread...

I bucked the system and went with iced tea. It was blueberry mango and it was amazing...


I also decided to forgo the Afternoon Tea (although I had many bites of everything) and ordered from the lunch menu. I chose the Signature Wrap which was a medley of veggies studded with cheddar cheese in a tomato basil tortilla. It was served with a side salad (all locally grown ingredients) and raspberry vinagrette dressing...

The four girls had a great time of eating and chatting in this quaint little place (big daughter was the photographer)...

After that we took a walk through a Veteran's Museum, then headed home. I invited my in-laws to come over for dinner, so they joined us later for pizza. I decided to indulge again, since I am whooping it up today! I had a slice of pizza (plus 2 crusts from the daughters leftovers) and green salad with evoo and vinegar. Mmm...mmmm...


No big dessert tonight, but I did dig into some chocolate covered raisins and a cookie which I downed too fast to take a picture.
I am soooo off program right now. I'm not sure why I'm not caring so much either. Maybe because I know I can't or don't want to do this "free eating" for very long. I have to say that I don't feel very awesome. I'm kinda bloated and feel really groggy/tired. Must be my blood sugar bouncing all over the place. Anyway, it was fun while it lasted... ;)

10 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I love going out to tea! Your picture of the tea sandwiches is so pretty.... :) And your wrap looks really good.

Okay, so maybe it wasn't your "best" day of eating, but it really didn't sound that bad to me! Plus, I bet you after some morning exercise and a healthy breakfast, you'll be right back on track! :)

Unknown said...

You sound exactly how I feel. But I agree with Andrea. While it might not have been what you wanted your day wasn't a total loss. : )

Hottest & cutest said...

I had a day like that last week.. you are sooo much better than I am. I went to the Melting Pot... I could stick my head in the cheese fondue they make.. I wanted to order it on the rocks... butstuck with the bread, veggies and meat.. then the chocolate fondue. I have no guilt, everybody deserves a day off now and then.. I have been reading your blog long enough to know that tomorrow will probably include extra exercise, you are so good! Thanks for helping me stay on track!

Anonymous said...

That blueberry tea and wrap look absolutely delicious. I'm seriously going to try to conjur up something like that soon!

Your MIL just looks too darn cute! She looks like she's feeling like the "Queeen of the Day".

Di said...

It may be off program, but it is a lot better for you than a day of fast food burgers, fries, milkshakes and bags of chips. The food looks amazing ! And I want to try to concot something like the ice tea. You all look so cute having the tea !

Kinder said...

That blueberry mango tea looks amazing!
Don't be so hard on yourself!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

I love crusts. They always end up in my tummy despite great intentions.

katecooks said...

maybe off program sure, but delicious and fun! i don't think you went out of control at all! and so cute that your girls loved the hummus and cuke sammies, now you can make that for all 3 of you!

Wendy said...

that looks like a really neat place to go! the food looked really good and your tea! looked delicious!

Sarah said...

What a fun thing to do, your blueberry iced tea looks so good I want to drink my computer :)