Friday, June 12, 2009

Traditional Last Days

Na na na na, heeey, good -bye! Another school year bites the dust! I now get to wear my daily summer "uniform" of a black and white striped referee shirt. Yep, my summer consists of refereeing the "battle of the siblings" game that will start as soon as they wake up and end at bedtime. Hopefully, it won't go into overtime :D


I delighted in my last morning of quiet and solitude. I headed to the treadmill for my final run without interruption for the next 2 1/2 months. It was very fabulous. I cranked out 35 minutes, then continued my enjoyment with a 12 minute pilates ab workout video from Sparkpeople. That was rough!


Then, I made a luxurious breakfast of.... you know it...cereal! I tried to change it up for you by mixing up the berries. Today's mix was 3/4 c. Quaker Crunchy Corn Bran, 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze, 5 oz. strawberries and 1/2 c. blueberries. Super awesome 3 POINT bowl...




Then, it was off to pick up big daughter from the bus stop. My annual year-end tradition when I pick the daughters up is to beep the car horn wildly, with the windows down, yelling WHOOOO HOOOOO all the way home. Since, she is in middle school, she found this extremely embarassing, however, she used to think it was hilarious in elementary school ! Next up was picking up little daughter at her school. I did the same for her all the way out of the school parking lot. She was also less than thrilled. What killjoys! I told them that this was a small inkling of the levels of embarassment that they will suffer at the hands of their parents. More to come, girls. More to come ;P


Another annual year-end tradition is taking them out to lunch on the last day. This one they don't object to :) My parents and Gram joined us for lunch at Cosi Restaurant. I checked out their website ahead of time and planned on getting a Fire Roasted Veggie Flatbread Sandwich. It was delish! A mix of zucchini, red and yellow peppers, artichoke hearts, onion and eggplant with a creamy feta spread....


I chose baby carrots for my side and also got a fruit salad which I shared with little daughter. A wonderful 7 POINT lunch...



We did a little shopping after lunch, then headed home to unpack backpacks and go through papers. Big daughter had sleepover plans, so it was just little daughter, the husband and me for dinner. I made them a Cheeseburger Stromboli and took out a "freezer dinner" for myself. I found some leftover pork with mushroom sauce and paired it with 1/2 c. brown rice and a salad with a bit of Kraft Light Three Cheese Ranch for 8 POINTS...


For dessert, I went "untraditional". I wasn't planning this dessert, but it found it's way into my mouth while I was wrapping up the leftovers...



Cheeseburger Stromboli is a very good dessert ;P Um, maybe not the night before weigh-in though.

Hope you all had a great Friday! See ya tomorrow...

7 comments:

Shhhhh said...

School has been out for 2 weeks here. I'm now medicating myself. I swear they fight just to make me crazy. It's true!

Or maybe that's their way of getting back at the embarrassment I put them through? Yeah, probably. Pay back is a bitch, huh?

hehehe

Cheeseburger stromboli looks sooooo good.

superbecca said...

Hi Marissa! Sorry to have been awol this week, I've been mega busy and kinda wallowing in a funk. I'm back I had a healthy breakfast and I'm going to get some groceries after catching up on blogs to put me back on track. Thanks for your support!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I Love summer. Not very fun to exercise in the heat though.

The stromboli looks delicious. You make the yummiest things.

Enjoy your weekend AND your summer. :)

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Have a great summer! :)

Post-it Notes said...

Love your last day of school traditions especially the embarrassing one. We have year-round school here so my dd summer is only a month long! Love it!!

Keep up the good work!

*Bitch Cakes* said...

Marisa, I think it's adorable that you have that tradition- even if it does embarrass your daughters. I love Cosi sandwich shop. They have them in Manhattan but I haven't been in one in years. Now I'm excited to give them a try again, thanks!

Amanda said...

I go to Cosi about 1x every 2 weeks b/c it's in the building that I work in but I never noticed that sandwich. I always get the TBM light but it's still higher in points than that one! It looks delish! Thanks so much!