Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The End Is Near

Only 1 1/2 days left of school. It's a good thing and a bad thing. I love having the summers with the daughters. I know this time is fleeting and I cherish the time I get to spend with them. On the other hand, I will miss having part of my days to myself. I like being able to exercise in the morning without interruption and I really like running errands by. my. self. It's so much quicker and less irritating ;P



I was in a mad rush to get out the door this morning. I had to be at big daughter's school for her honors award ceremony, so there was no time for exercise and barely time for breakfast! I went with another quick cereal bowl topped with 1 c. blueberries for 3 POINTS...







After a long ceremony (2 hours!), I ran some errands (by myself ), then ran home to eat lunch. I was starving by 12:30! I decided to use the leftover taco- seasoned tofu and morphed it into a Taco Tofu Burrito. I layered the tofu, shredded lettuce, tomato, 1/2 oz. shredded 2% cheddar and 2 tbsp. quacamole on a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Wrap and rolled it up burrito-style. This was so good and only 4 POINTS! I had 1 cup of watermelon for an additional 1 POINT....



This was filling, but since I ate it so fast, I still felt like I wanted a little something more. I grabbed half of a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar (aka the BEST Larabar ever!) for 2 POINTS and headed out the door for a hair appointment...


When the daughters got home from school, I donned my workout gear and headed to the basement for a 40 minute run on the treadmill. It was hard, but I forced myself to keep with it and I made it to the end!


Then, I slid through snack time by drinking. I drink away my afternoons. Drowning my sorrows of not making it to goal yet with lots of iced tea. Decaf, or else I'll be up all night. I'm old that way;) Along with drinking, I chopped away the afternoon prepping for dinner. I had lots of fresh veggies in the house and I had visions of a big bowl of roasted veggies. I chopped and roasted zucchini, eggplant, carrots, red pepper, red onion, asparagus, broccoli and sweet potatoes. Hmmm... but, what to go with it??? I chose this box of goodness that I got from Danica ...



I cannot believe how seriously good this Annie's boxed mac and cheese tastes!!! It is a sure winner. It has a light, creamy cheese sauce that has a delicious real cheddar flavor. No chemical or fake cheesy taste. I had a 1 c. serving (and a few extra "tastes") along with a heaping cup of roasted veggies for 7 POINTS...



I could have eaten another entire plate of both! So good! But, I controlled myself , quickly cleaned up, then sat down with the husband and watched the daughters put on an "after dinner"show. Later, I had some dessert - Fudgy Peanut Chip Vitatop with PB2 for 2 POINTS...





I'm off to hang out with the husband and then get some sleep! Have a great night :)

13 comments:

thewwchick said...

Annie's mac is awesome! I love it....and so do my kids. Your tofo wrap looks gooooooood.

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

That wrap has some serious flavor. I want some.

I so love mac n cheese. Why oh why can't it be lower cal?

Michelle said...

You always make the best looking wraps. They are perfect. It's like you are a food stylist!

Love this blog. Please keep blogging even after you reach your goal. You inspire us all!

Unknown said...

I need to start eating what you it. That lunch wrap looks good. What a great day!

Hottest & cutest said...

All kids... All the time. We are on day 5 of summer break and other than doing only what they want all the time, it's not that bad.. Can't really do housework if "I have to" sit at the pool all day... see ther's an upside to everything!!!
Enjoy your summer break- I am sure it will be a blast!

Anonymous said...

That tofu wrap looks so good I could have licked my computer screen! ;-)

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the kids. When it was just me and my youngest running errands, we had a plan and we stuck to it. Now, with my oldest helping out with groceries and stuff, it is so hard. I try to be patient. But UGH! What I'd give for a babysitter on my grocery days.

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

I need to try the Annie's Mac & Cheese. My boyfriends kids are Mac & Cheese addicts, and as much as I try to get them to try new things (especially healthy...since they dont really get that at their Moms) Mac & Cheese is NOT leaving their diet lol.

Wendy said...

looks good!

katecooks said...

your food today looks great! so delicious yet so healthy. i need to start modeling my meals after what you eat!!!

im sure my mom felt the same way about summers but i rememeber summer vacation at home with my mom and sisters as the very best time of my life. im sure your girls are thinking the same thing :)

have a great thursday!!!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I'll have to try Annie's mac & cheese. Sounds great!

Yup, the Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar is THE BEST! :)

Trina said...

What kind of PB did you spread on your vitatop?

jh said...

Wonderful food choices and great photos. I haven't made wraps in a while, but they are so versatile and healthy. Thanks for the reminder.

jen
Boda Weight Loss Blog

Trina said...

Thanks for the PB info. I tried Better than Peanut Butter and it was not.