Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just Say No

What a crazy weekend! We've been partying it up with all the graduations, so it's been a whirlwind couple of days. Yesterday worked out o.k. I ate fairly decent and only really caved with some jelly beans and a couple chocolates at the party. Not too horrible, but I did end up eating a bunch of Cheez-Its when we got home. I didn't count POINTS, but I think I may have still been in the ballpark.



Today, I took my time waking up and decided to have breakfast before working out. I was craving a sandwich, so I made an egg and cheese on TJ's Organic Spelt bread for 4 POINTS. It was so good...





After watching some E! True Hollywood Story, I got the urge to run! I headed to the treadmill and pumped out a good 35 minutes. I kept my pace faster today; it was a nice push.





The daughters had some friends over to play and we decided to grill for lunch. They had hot dogs and I went with a Ranch Turkey Burger with a slice of Weight Watchers Pepperjack Cheese. I opted to go "bunless" (oh, how I wish ;) and had a side of the Crunchy Curls, grapes and carrot sticks for 7 POINTS...



Then I headed out to help my friend move some furniture. She rented a UHaul and we cracked up about it the whole time because we are both princesses, yet we were bouncing around in this UHaul determined to show our brawn by moving this heavy furniture into her house. We were grunting and sweating like we were doing some crazy challenge on the Biggest Loser Ranch. It was hilarious. And a nice sweaty, strength training workout!


Since I knew I would be getting home close to dinner, I had prepped ahead with a crockpot dish. I saw a recipe for Pineapple Luau Chicken on Bev's blog, so I thought I would give it a try. The only change I made was to use pork tenderloin instead of chicken since I had some on hand. I threw in some broccoli, green onion and served it over 1/2 c. brown rice for a great 6 POINT dinner...



I ended the night with a serving of Breyers Fat Free Double Churn French Chocolate Ice Cream with a topping of freeze dried blueberries!!! This was a great combo for only 1 POINT...



I found these guys (you know where!) recently and they are unbelievably good! They are crunchy and sweet...




Best of all, look at these facts! The whole bag is only 2 POINTS. There are a TON in there and could keep you munching for hours. Note to self: when feeling munchie, grab the crunchy blueberries!!!




I feel like a wad. A whale -ish wad. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm retaining a small pond despite my efforts to drink mass quantities of beverages today. I need to stay home now. No more parties. I need to be in control of what I am eating, "make" what I am eating and not be distracted by parties where I have to keep dodging certain "areas" that contain cake, cookies, chocolate and candy. Yep, stay home. And just say no...



One more thing - some cool news! The nice people at Dominex Eggplant ,who make the delicious eggplant cutlets that I love, have offered to send my readers a dollar off coupon to try out their product. Send an email with your name and address to : sales@dominexeggplant.com and write "Trim The Fat Coupon" in the subject line and they will be glad to send that out to you!


Have a great night!

9 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I'll have to look for the freeze dried blueberries. They sound delicious!

janetha said...

yuhm to the ice cream! today is national chocolate ice cream day, so appropriate :)

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Andrea@WellnessNotes - I couldn't believe how good they were! They also had strawberries; I might pick some up today!

janetha- LOL! I didn't know that!

thewwchick said...

I still can't find the WW pepper jack cheese here in Ohio. Wahhh!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

I love the freeze dried fruits. They're like candy. I get the tub of mixed fruits when I hit Whole Foods, which hasn't been in a while.

Lots of yummies. Sounds like you were a VERY good girl with all of the celebrations going on.

Try adding a little lemon juice to your water to help get rid of the retention. Really does help. And the pharmacist said that dieuretics are made with caffeine so drinking something with caffeine is also helpful. :)

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

I'm so going to need to grab some of the blueberries from TJ's!!

Danica's Daily said...

It's so hard with parties even when you have the best of intentions, but, it honestly sounds like you did ok.

What are cheese curls? i am intrigued by who makes them and all that.

I LOVE the freeze dried apricots - you need to try those!

Unknown said...

I'm starting to think it's harder to diet in the summer than it is the winter...

Hopefully today when better for you!!

Unknown said...

I love the freeze dried mango!