Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lost In Leftovers

I did not want to get up this morning. I felt like I could have slept for quite a few more hours. But, only 1 more day to get through before I get to sleep in until 7 a.m. - yay! It's way better than 6, that's for sure!

I decided to do a quick Shred this morning for something different. Jillian still continues to kick my butt, even on Level 1. One day, I will be shredded ;) After huffing and puffing, I had a cereal breakfast. Are you guys sick of seeing this breakfast?? I know, but it's been really filling me up, so I'm sticking with it for a while. Today was 3/4 c. High Fiber O's, 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and 10 oz. of strawberries! Yes, you read that right! Ten ounces of strawberries (300 grams) is only 1 POINT. If you're not a "weigher", it works out to 1 1/2 cups. That is an awesome POINT bargain! It was a great 3 POINT bowl...



After breakfast, I went to visit my friend, Rosemary who just had her first baby. He is sooooo adorable. I got to hold him and get my baby fix! He is the cutest! On my way home, I got a little lost (duh) and it ended up taking me almost an hour to get home instead of 30 minutes :( Needless to say, I was more than starving when I got home. The first thing I saw in the fridge was my bbq baked tofu, so I went with that on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, a slice of 2% cheese and BACON! Way to make something un-vegetarian ;) I had some carrots with 2 tbsp. hummus to go with it. It was a quick 6 POINT lunch that I promptly munched down...


I sailed through snack time with no troubles since I ate such a late lunch. I had no specific plan for dinner other than wanting to use up some leftover ground beef from tacos the other night. I thought about making a beef stroganoff with it, but realized I didn't have all the ingredients on hand. I finally came up with a take on an old recipe called Barbecue Beef Cups. Instead of the biscuit dough, I used my Cornbread recipe as the base. I mixed up the cornbread batter, divided it evenly in a 6 cup muffin tin, topped it with the leftover cooked ground beef ( only used 1/2 oz. per cup) and baked it for about 15 minutes. Then, I topped it with shredded 2% cheese (about 1/2 oz. per cup) and put it back in the oven for another minute until melted. I topped the Beef Cornbread Cups with shredded lettuce, tomato, salsa and 1 tbsp guacamole. Good and hearty ! I paired it with a heaping cup of leftover roasted veggies for a terrific 6 POINT dinner...

For dessert, I broke out another freeze dried fruit find - BANANAS...


The nutrition facts are good, too...


I used 1 POINT worth as a topping for 1/2 c. Breyers Fat Free French Chocolate Ice Cream...


A super sweet 2 POINT treat. These banana slices are VERY sweet, even though they are unsweetened. They remind me of those crunchy little meringue cookies. They kinda stick to your teeth as they melt in your mouth, too. My dentist would NOT be happy.
I must go brush and floss ;P Have a great night!!

12 comments:

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

My two favorite things about tonight's post:
1) Bacon and tofu sandwich. This cracks me up so much and I'm not quite sure why but I think it's hilarious. They don't belong together in the natural world. LOL

2) The serving size on the freese dried bananas is "1/2 bag" not 1/2 cup or 2 oz but half of the bag. I love measurements like that.

I so need to meet with Jillian. She's slightly scary but I'd love to meet her in person and find out just what she finds so enjoyable in torturing people.

Have a good evening. OH, and I so love your cornbread and need to make some more. I'm out. :(

Post-it Notes said...

Those bananas are a must try for me. You had an awesome day!! Keep up the good work!

Trina said...

Man those bananas and ice cream look scrumptious. Great meal ideas and Weight Watchers friendly too.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Tofu and bacon? What an interesting idea! Sounds good though!

Chocolate ice cream with bananas - sounds good!

Anonymous said...

Love all your eats!!

Gotta love the baby fix - and then hand them back!

It's weird to me that some of my friends have toddlers and I have a 17 year old. Don't know if I could handle tiny kids at my age!

Anonymous said...

Your food looks so good. I love the cornbread...I'm going to have to try it out!

I definitely have to try the freeze-dried bananas with chocolate.

I'm telling you...each day I read your posts, is one day closer I am to driving to Indianapolis to go to Trader Joes. My husband would kill me if I told him I was driving clear to Indy to get groceries! Actually, he'd probably say "whatever you need to do...." :-)

Have a great day!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Kelly and Andrea@Wellness Notes - LOL! I know! Vegetarians around the world are cringing right now!

Post-it-Notes -I was surprised at how very sweet they were! Like candy :)

MochaTrina- choc and bananas were a good combo. maybe some pb on it would have been good too!

biz319- yeah, I couldn't imagine starting over at this point. I'm just finally getting to sleep through the night (almost) - little daughter at 7 years old, still gets up sometimes!

Terri - aw heck, go and make it an "outing" for the day. Remember to bring a cooler ;)

Di said...

Cornbread cups- what an awesome idea ! I think cornbread is a better complement to anything BBQ flavor than flour is. I want to give those freeze dried bananas a try !

Sarah said...

freeze dried banana slices, I've never heard of those before. Interesting.

katecooks said...

im impressed that you were able to skip the snack...it's usually when i have a late lunch that my brain doesn't realize it's full and i want to keep going and going and going!!!

Anonymous said...

So effective when you write the point value right on the package. Smart thinking.

Dutch said...

I was just telling my sister about your blog. She follows Weight Watchers and I was showing her all the great foods you eat. She only gets 19 points.
Have a great weekend.