Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ride On

Finally!!!! Some sun! We woke up to a beautiful morning. The husband and I decided to ride bikes to go get some bagels for the morning's breakfast. It was a nice 2 mile ride in the sun! While everyone chowed down on giant bagels, I made my cereal bowl of 3/4 c. Puffins, 1/2 c. Almond Breeze and strawberries for 3 POINTS...



After breakfast, I took another 2 mile bike ride to return a movie. I am loving this bike riding! I was thinking during my ride how nice it would be to live in a little town where you could ride your bike everywhere. I would have one of those cruiser-type bikes with a cute wicker basket on the front. I might even wear a big hat with a giant flower on the front! LOL!


Before heading to the pool for the afternoon, I made an easy lunch of leftover roasted chicken breast with lettuce and a half slice of cheese on a small whole wheat roll. I had more carrots and pineapple to go with it. A quick 5 POINT lunch...

We spent the afternoon swimming in the toasty pool. I love heated pools! I took the opportunity to do more pool exercises (about 40 min.) and then goofed around with the husband and daughters in the pool. It was a great time!


We headed home late in the afternoon and I was starving! I dug into some pretzel sticks...


and some Annie's Cheddar Bunnies...

Mom and Gram made another wonderful dinner tonight. I was feeling hungry, but I mentally prepared myself before sitting down. I took a few minutes to "talk to myself" and figure out what my game plan was going to be. I thought about exactly how I wanted my plate to look with the prepared food and told myself to stick with my plan. My plate looked just like it did in my mind...


I enjoyed every bit, passed on the bread, and put my silverware on my dish and pushed myself back from the table when I was finished. I was still engaged in the table conversation, but wasn't tempted to add more food to my plate. I felt good about that =)
And after dinner, guess what I did?? Big daughter and I went for another 2.5 mile bike ride! I'm a ridin' fool today! When we got back, I dug into a bowl of Breyer's Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream topped with about 1/4 c. freeze dried blueberries and a squirt of Hershey's Special Dark syrup for 3 POINTS...



Another day of sun is on tap for tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to some beach lounging! See you tomorrow; have a great night!!!

14 comments:

Trina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. My Mom and I used to bike ride. At the time she had two bikes, but then there wasn't any room to store the 2nd bike so she had to sell it. I live in a townhouse and I have nowhere to store a bike. But I sure do miss our rides, sometimes 14 miles (that's good for me).

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your bike rides so much! Sounds like lots of fun!

And great job on the "dinner plan." Enjoy the beach tomorrow! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great day. Lot's of activity, great company and awesome food choices. Wish, I could say the same for my day. Mayber tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Ooooo, you had my favorite pretzels today!!! Lots of yummy (but healthy) looking food on today's menu!!

C.G. the Foodie said...

Way to make a plan and stick with it!

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

I love the way you eat. It looks soo tasty and healthy. Lots of color, which is always good.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another great day!

Reen said...

Wow, what a wonderful and on-plan day you had! I'm impressed. I have first weigh-in tomorrow since coming back from vacation. Fingers and toes are crossed.

superbecca said...

It's too bad I haven't been around for the last few days I could have picked up some of your motivation. Everything is fine now and birthday celebrations are OVER! Today it's back to regular food :)

Wendy said...

i have been riding my bike lately too. it is wonderful. last week i rode to the ymcan and rode home so i got a little extra in. but be careful! i fell off and scraped my elbow and knee all up! it was kind of funny now that i think about it....i was trying to do a wheelie to go up a curb.....can yo guess i didnt make the wheelie and the bike just stopped and BANG! i was on the ground!!! h a ha......lesson learned.. i am not a kid!

Anonymous said...

i love the idea of living in a little town and being able to ride my bike everywhere - wicker basket and all! soooo cute!

katecooks said...

you really are rocking the healthy vacation eats, arent you?! all the sun and biking just sounds fabulous.

Tasty Health Food said...

Wow, for some reason I'm really loving your little sandwich roll thingy. It's so cute looking! :D

Anonymous said...

I love those Annie Bunny Crackers - so light! But it is not easy to stop once you start eating them!