Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Water Logged

Still no sun at the shore! I decided to take advantage of the bikes here and went on a 3 mile bike ride this morning. I enjoyed being able to do something different, but those bike seats are brutal! My butt is sore!

I came in and helped myself to a breakfast of Fiber One yogurt and 1 c. blueberries for 2 POINTS...


and a light english muffin (1 POINT) to go with it...

Despite the weather, we had a great day of swimming planned. My friend and her daughters came to spend the day with us at the pool. We packed a lunch to eat poolside and after lots of swimming, we sat down to a turkey hummus wrap with baby spinach on a La Tortilla Factory wrap, carrots and a cup of watermelon for 4 POINTS...

For dessert, a Blueberry Apricot Oat Bran Muffin for 2 POINTS...


Then it was back in the pool. I think we set a record for most hours spent in the pool! We didn't want to get out because the pool was heated and felt so toasty and it was freezing if you did try to get out. We even stayed in during the intermittent rain showers! Talk about die-hards! We did lots of pool exercises, so I'm sure we burned some major calories today. Hmmm... 5 hours of pool exercise have to count for something, don't ya think?!
Finally, we forced ourselves to get out (aaaaahhhhh...brrrrrrr), got cleaned up and said goodbyes to our friends. Then, the daughters and I settled in for a pasta dinner made by Mom and Gram. I had 1 c. rigatoni pasta with meat sauce for 5 POINTS...


and salad for 2 POINTS...

I left the table not long after that so I would not indulge in more pasta. Believe me, that was a major accomplishment! The pasta was so tasty and for some reason, I never feel very full eating a portion of pasta, so it's difficult to keep from eating more than one serving!
I ended the night with dessert inspired by my dark chocolate dipped pineapple treat from yesterday. I used 1/2 c. Breyers Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream and topped it with pineapple and a squirt of Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Syrup. A yummy 3 POINT treat...

Now, I heard that the sun may come out tomorrow. Could it really be true??? I'll let you know tomorrow =)
Have a great night!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful eats today. I love the abundance of fruit in your yogurt. I've tried the vanilla fiber one yogurts before, but I'm not a fan. The splenda in it is a turn off for me. Mmmm.... chocolate drizzled pineapples looks delicious. Good thing fresh pineapples are in season right now.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Sounds like you are having lots of fun on your vacation despite the weather not behaving... :)

Good job on not having a second helping of the pasta. We had pasta tonight, and I definitely had a bit too much... It's soooo easy to go overboard!

I hope the forecast is right, and you'll get some sun tomorrow. Regardless, I know you'll enjoy your vacation!

Unknown said...

What?? You didn't have sun today??? Wow that stinks. It was really sunny and hot here. Hopefully tomorrow is nicer for you.

Your lunch looks so refreshing!!

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Hmm the blueberries look soo good!! All the food looks great, excellent choices.

Emmett said...

5hrs of water workouts, wow!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Now I KNOW I am having pineapple with chocoalte!

Tasty Health Food said...

Wow, your rigatoni looks yummy! Actually your whole day of eating does. :)

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Mmmm....chocolate drizzled pineapple.

I wish we had a pool. I would be swimming all of the time. I hate going to the neighborhood pool because lifeguards make me nervous. I had one blow a whistle on me once for jumping in and it messed me up. lol

SOunds like you are having a very active summer.

Wendy said...

swimming burns a ton of calories! i am always hungry after going to the pool!

thewwchick said...

The sun will come out...tomorrow...bet your sore skinny bottom that tomorrow....there'll be SUUNNNNN.

You can have our sun! It's blazing hot and HUMID. Ugggghhh.