Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An Okay Day

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and prayers for my friend; it really means a lot. I'm still kinda wishy washy and bummed out today, so I wasn't up for any heavy duty workout this morning. I decided to just do a walk on the treadmill at a medium pace. I did 46 minutes while watching some morning shows and burned up a whopping 265 calories. I think I'm gonna stop wearing my friggin HRM; it's getting on my nerves. I liked it better when I "thought" I was burning more calories than I really am ;P


I wasn't feelin my cereal bowl this morning, so I went with a tofu scramble. Nothing too fancy, just a serving of Nasoya Lite Firm Tofu, baby spinach and a slice of 2% cheese. I forget how much I love these scrambles when I haven't had them in a while. To go with it, I had a whole wheat english muffin with some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. A hearty 4 POINT breakfast...



After some home schooling of the daughters ( yes, I'm a meanie that makes them do math facts in the summer and God Bless you home school moms who do this on a regular basis cuz lord knows I couldn't -lol!), I made a twist on an old school favorite - PB&J. I swapped out peanut butter for 1 tbsp. homemade almond butter and served it on organic spelt bread. AB&J rocks!
I served it with the last of the soy crisps, last of the mini edamame crackers(came to a half serving each) and a super sweet fuji apple. It was one great 7 POINT lunch...

The daughters and I spent the afternoon at the pet store buying new hermit crabs (ugh) and made a quick stop at TJ's. I almost made it through snack time without incident, however I broke out the pita chips that I bought at TJ's and snagged a couple handfuls. Incidently, they are called "reduced guilt" pita chips (sorry no pic). How apropos :)


Dinner was a new recipe to try from Gina's awesome recipe blog called Sofrito Chicken Stew. It was easy and amazing. A thumbs up from the husband and daughters! The husband even said , "Hon, this is really good. Definitely make this again and don't do anything different to it." Fine. Squash my creativity! He knows I like to "tweak" and it scares him-lol! Anyway, I served this superb creation of Gina's with orzo(instead of rice) and some broccoli. A delish 8 POINT meal...

I was pretty full and my stomach has kind of a dull ache, so no dessert for me tonight. I'm sure I'll make up for it another day ;) All in all, it was an okay eating day.
Have a great night everyone!
Oh and I always forget to share these at the end of my posts, but I caught myself just in time! Danica is having an awesome HOLEY DONUTS giveaway. Yes, I said HOLEY DONUTS!!! Go on over and give her your best creative comment!

10 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Hang in there! :)

The Sofrito Chicken Stew looks really good! I love your husband's comment about not changing anything. I can hardly ever follow a recipe and just have to change things all the time (for better or for worse)... :)

Herbalife Las Vegas said...

Good balance! It looks very tasty and healthy, good job!

april said...

I love AB&J! Such a good twist on the old favorite.

Miz said...

how are YOU doing? it can be so exhausting having to be the strong support one for friends in...need (not strong enough of a word. Ive been there).
lean on us out here when you need to.

Anonymous said...

Your food looks great for the day.

Still keeping you and your friend in my prayers.

Di said...

Hugs for your loss of a friend and thumbs up with the yummy food ! As to homeschooling stuff, half the battle is won when they think it is more play than work, so you just get creative and silly. Not sure what level your girls are at, but here is a site that has fun math games they might enjoy and it helps to reinforce the concepts
http://www.coolmath4kids.com/
there are a billion out there, and if you google interactive math, you will find a ton more.

Post-it Notes said...

Great job with your eating. That dinner looks awesome!!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Andrea@WellnessNotes - haha, glad I'm not alone :) Sometimes I get a little too "funky" with a recipe!

Herbalife - thanks!

april - I'm really enjoying the almond butter and my family likes it, too!

Miz - thank you. It means a lot.

Terri - thank you so much for your prayers!

TheIncredibleShrinkingFamily - you know you are my homeschooling hero! Thank you for that cool website!

Post-it-notes - that dinner was great! Gina's recipes are all winners!

katecooks said...

i keep hearing that the elliptical machine calorie count at the gym isn't very reliable, but i like to pretend it is because then i feel like i am burning off a lot of calories :)

Danica's Daily said...

I LOVE Hermit Crabs - they rock! You should definitely take pictures and share. "Hermie" is on my site - you can search him out :D

LOL at your DH about changing recipes - mine says the same thing - other than he calls them Science Projects.