Thursday, June 18, 2009

No Room In The Schedule

Is the sun ever going to come out? I am wearing long sleeves and jeans in the middle of June! This is not feeling like summer! The daughters are dying to go swimming, but...brrrrrr. It's too chilly! I know there is such a thing as a rain dance, but is there a sun dance??? If so, I'm learning it. Pronto.

I trudged on down the basement this morning for a 35 minute run on the treadmill. Note my enthusiasm. I actually felt pretty strong during it, though, so it wasn't bad. Then, I put on boxing gloves and hit the punching bag for 10 minutes. That was great!!! Man, what a way to get out your frustrations along with getting your heart rate up. Now I know why the husband likes it so much!

Breakfast was back to the bowl. Today was 3/4 c. Puffins, 1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and 1 c. blueberries (which have been awesome lately) for 3 POINTS...



Lunch was a hummus and cucumber sammie on Arnold 100% Natural white whole grain bread. I tried a chip detox today by just going with some watermelon and carrots. Didn't miss the chips one bit. Okay, I lie. But, it's good to ditch them every once in a while so as not to form a dependancy on them. I already belong to Chocolates Anonymus and Brownies Anonymus; I have no room in my schedule for Chips Anonymus ;)

And it was a fantastic, chip-less 5 POINT lunch...

After lunch, it was time for shopping with the daughters. A lovely time. They were so cooperative and ran around so I had to keep chasing them helpful. Such good listeners that they had 2 time outs and loss of computer time and didn't ask me one time eight million how much longer we were going to be or when we were going home as if I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there. Such angels ;P



When we got home, I banished them to their rooms happily started making dinner :) A family favorite : chicken cutlets and mac n' cheese. I used another one of the Annie's boxed mac and it was terrific! The pasta was firm and the cheese sauce was mild and made with the best ingredients. I like that it's a healthy, but quick option for the kids. I'm a fan for sure! I paired it all with some leftover Gram's green beans for a tasty 8 POINT dinner...

Tonight the cookies called me, so I had one...



and half of another. Not sure of the POINTS; I'm guessing 5. Time to quit it. No room in the schedule for Cookies Anonymus, either.
Have a great night everyone!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my shopping trip this week! I don't know why the stores do not offer a babysitting service, could you imagine how much money they'd make?! :-)

Looks like you had a pretty good day. Those green beans look really good.

Sarah W. said...

have you tried POPCHIPS?! they are great for dieters/weight watchers and so damn tasty!!! I THINK they're 2 or 3 WW points but I have no idea - check them out!!!! (i posted about my trying 2 new flavors last night!)

Kari@Onederland said...

ohhh cucumber and hummus sandwich. I'm gonna have to try that!

Way to get a workout in, and I think hitting a punching bag would be a great release!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

alright alright alright, I've heard so much about Annie's mac & cheese, I think its about time I get me a box! Close to two years and no mac & cheese is JUST RIDICULOUS!

Oh, AND...I second Sarah's comment, you MUST try PopChips!

janetha said...

oh i hear you on the sun, WHERE IS JUNE?!

the sandwich looks good, then again anything with hummus is amazing. obviously.

cookies are too hard for me to have in my house!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about this weather - my daughter would have already been to the pool at least a few times by this time of year - she hasn't bee once!

Good for you on the boxing - I tried it before and its really hard!

Danica's Daily said...

Love Annie's!! :D Glad you liked hte pasta!

P.S. You won my HD giveaway!!! :)