Monday, June 1, 2009

The Scale Will Come Out...Tomorrow

Hey, it's tomorrow! That's what I said to myself first thing this morning. Not gonna dwell on the cookie/pretzel incident at the party. Gotta get back in the saddle. I was scared smart enough to avoid the scale so as to not ruin my day :) But, I can't keep running from it. I have to get on and see where I'm at to make sure I'm not going too far in the wrong direction. My clothes still fit, so I guess I'm okay. Although, come to think of it, when I first started on this weight loss journey, it took me having to lose 27 lbs. before I came down a pants size. How the hell tight was I wearing my friggin clothes??? So, what do I know! But, I will not go there. The scale will come out. There's always tomorrow :)


On this bright new "tomorrow" day, I had to head out first thing to get both my car and the husbands' car oil changed. No, I don't have a clone. I had to drive back and forth which pretty much took up the entire morning. A clone would have been nice :) Anyhoo, I grabbed a breakfast to go before heading out - Banana Nut Vitatop and a blueberry crackshake for 3 POINTS...

Many of you have asked how to make the crackshakes. You can click HERE and HERE for some ideas. The base is really just unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and a tbsp. sugar free, fat free instant pudding mix and ice! Add whatever fruit you are in the mood for and count the POINTS accordingly. Warning: they are addictive; hence the name!

Breakfast didn't hold me over long and I was starving when I finally got home around lunch time. I made a big plate of food. I went with a Health is Wealth Chicken Free Patty on an Arnold Sandwhich Thin with a slice of 2% cheese, carrots, TJ's sour cream and onion rice chips and an apple with Lighthouse Reduced Sugar Caramel Dip. A huge spread for 8 POINTS...


That huge lunch carried me through until dinner. Mission accomplished! I made pasta for the husband and daughters and took out my homemade frozen dinner of the Chicken and Broccoli with Garlic Sauce from last week. I paired it with one of TJ's stirfry veggie eggrolls for a delicious 7 POINT dinner...

After dinner, the doorbell rang with a special delivery. A while back, I won Danica's Mac Pack Giveaway from Annie's and it came today! Yay! Thanks again, Danica!



I was craving a dessert tonight and decided to change it up a bit. I went with a ClifZ Chocolate Brownie Bar topped with PB2 for 3 POINTS. Super yum...


And I'm still trying out my counting "experiment". I'm going to give it a few weeks to see if it makes any difference for me. Or for the scale!
Have a great night everyone =)

13 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Your dessert looks very yummy...

katecooks said...

i love how you get right back on track! you should give yourself major pats on the back for that :)

Sarah said...

I'm interested in seeing how your experiment worked!

Unknown said...

Yup, don't dwell on the bumps in the roads. Just learn from them. Good luck with the new counting experiment. : )

Anonymous said...

Lovely eats today. Yay for Annie's products. They have yet to let me down.

Anonymous said...

I've not tried Annies products. I'm anxious to see what you think.

Way to get back in there. It's hard when you hit those speed-bumps and I've been doing it a lot lately. I'm always telling myself to "suck-it-up". I must tell myself that a lot because I heard my 4 year old tell my 7 year old to "suck it up" when she fell while we were camping!

Unknown said...

I finally got to spend some time at your infamous Trader Joe's yesterday, but I didnt see any PB2 where do you get that????

superbecca said...

I know what you mean about the pants thing. So far I've lost 32 pounds and most of my pants are still fitting. For a while I was the kind of crazy girl who didn't put pants in the dryer. The day I determined that everything could go into the dryer was a big day. Now it's to the point where I have a few pairs that don't fit anymore and I'm sad/glad to give them up. I was the size I was for a long time and I have a GREAT but big wardrobe. It's going to cost a million to get new clothes, but I'm excited to go and try them on.

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Congrats on winning the mac giveaway. I sure am glad it's not at my house because it would be gone in a day! Mac n cheese is a weakness.

Don't let that evil scale get to you. You're right back on track and oding great. :)

Anonymous said...

I just want you to know that after reading this post this morning, I've had "The Sun Will Come Out, Tomorrow...." in my head ALL DAY! Thanks! :-)

Danica's Daily said...

Yeah your Mac Pack finally arrived!!! Enjoy and I can't wait to hear what you think.

I LOVE those TJ's veggie rolls!

Becci said...

I also had to lose a lot before I saw a change in sizes. I lost 35 pounds before my wedding and only went down one pants size (and in some brands, I didn't change at all!)

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

princessvalecia - my TJ's doesn't sell PB2 either. I order it online at www.bellplantation.com