My breakfast was a sample bar that was given out at the meeting. It was only 1 POINT and very yummy...
I had to run a bunch of errands after that, so I didn't have time to come home for a more substantial breakfast. I decided to wait it out for a bigger lunch. But, that turned out to be a rush job, too. My Dad wanted to take us to the movies to see UP at 12:30, so I packed up lunch to take with me. I went with a roasted veggie hummus wrap made with leftover roasted veggies and 2 tbsp. hummus rolled into a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortilla for 3 POINTS...
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 1/4 c. diced carrots
- 1/4 c. diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. frozen fordhook lima beans
- 1/2 c. canned petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. water or chicken broth
- Saute onion, carrots, celery and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add beans, tomatoes and seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to baking dish. Add water, cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Serves 5 (about 1/2 cup). 2 POINTS per serving.
It was very good! Not exactly like the original, but I think that had way more olive oil involved than what I used. I also made some of Gram's green beans, too. Altogether, a great tasting 8 POINT dinner...