Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rise And Shine, It's Scale Time

My first official Saturday of summer vacation started with me getting up and hitting the treadmill by 7:30 a.m.! It was earlier than I wanted, but I planned on going to the 8:30 WW meeting and I needed to get in my workout first. I did a 30 minute run, cleaned up and went to the meeting. I was happy to be down 2.6 lbs. I am back to where I was before the snack-a-rama weeks. I feel good about my "new" way of counting POINTS, but what I think may have made the most difference is not having a snack in the afternoon. It kept me from overeating in the afternoon because I never started to begin with. I'm going to continue this for another week and see how it goes.


My breakfast was a sample bar that was given out at the meeting. It was only 1 POINT and very yummy...


I had to run a bunch of errands after that, so I didn't have time to come home for a more substantial breakfast. I decided to wait it out for a bigger lunch. But, that turned out to be a rush job, too. My Dad wanted to take us to the movies to see UP at 12:30, so I packed up lunch to take with me. I went with a roasted veggie hummus wrap made with leftover roasted veggies and 2 tbsp. hummus rolled into a La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Tortilla for 3 POINTS...

And I took some carrots and soy crisps for munching during the movie (2 POINTS)...

The daughters got popcorn and I did indulge in some of that. Why is movie popcorn so hard to resist?! I looked it up when I got home and I'm guessing I ate about 5 POINTS worth.
I relaxed to the max the rest of the afternoon and watched some mindless tv - The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Those women are nutty! While watching, I started on making dinner. I had planned on burgers and I was dying to try and recreate those Greek Lima Beans that friends brought to our last bbq. Here's the recipe I came up with...
  • 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/4 c. diced onion
  • 1/4 c. diced carrots
  • 1/4 c. diced celery
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 16 oz. frozen fordhook lima beans
  • 1/2 c. canned petite diced tomatoes
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 c. water or chicken broth
  1. Saute onion, carrots, celery and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
  2. Add beans, tomatoes and seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
  3. Transfer to baking dish. Add water, cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.

Serves 5 (about 1/2 cup). 2 POINTS per serving.

It was very good! Not exactly like the original, but I think that had way more olive oil involved than what I used. I also made some of Gram's green beans, too. Altogether, a great tasting 8 POINT dinner...

I went for my traditional dessert - Fudgy Peanut Chip Vitatop with PB2 for 2 POINTS. It tasted extra good tonight....


I'm looking forward to snoozing now! Have a great night!

17 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, great WL stats lady! And totz healthy eats. Good for you. Love that you took your own snacks to the theater.

How was Up?

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

Good job on the weight loss! :)

The Greek lima bean recipe sounds good; I'll have to try it!

Unknown said...

Great day, great choices! Keep up the good work!

Post-it Notes said...

Great job on the Weight Loss!! I love Real Housewives... what would we do without mindless tv!!

MizFit said...

I LOVE ME SOME RH :)

Fantastic day.
Awesome choices.
Here's to a great one today as well.

For all of us.

Miz.

Sarah said...

Yeah! Congrats on the loss, love your new pic on sidebar too :)

Wendy said...

congrats on the loss! i am so happy for you!

Kathi said...

Marissa,

Great job on the weight loss this week. Keep going. It sounds like you are in a great place right now and hopefully with the girls home you will be able to be more active and less stressed with them home.
Love the profile picture by the way it is nice to "see" you.
I here for you anyway you need me. Stay postive and focused on your goal and you will make it for sure.

Jessica said...

Marisa - Where do you get those wraps and what type are they? I found the Smart and Delicious brand at Genuardi's, but the ones you get looks white, and I can only find wheat/tannish colored ones? Thanks!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Erin - UP was cute, but in true Disney fashion, it begins with the death of wife/parent!

Andrea@WellnessNotes - They are good! I can't believe I like lima beans now!

Bev - Thanks!!

Post-it-notes - Yep, mindless tv keeps me working out -lol!

MizFit - I'll toast to that one :)

Sarah - thanks!

Wendy - thanks, I'm working on the WANT power!!

Kathi - thanks for your support; it means so much :)

Jessica - I got the wraps at Safeway or Giant. Make sure to look for the ones that say "whole grain white". They make a rye one, but that just is too strong of a flavor for me. The packaging is the same, so make sure to look on the front for the type/flavor.

Kari@Onederland said...

great job on the weigh in and that tortilla looks deelish!

Danica's Daily said...

LOVE the new profile picture - you can tell how much weight you've lost in it too. Your face looks so slim and of course just as beautiful as before :)

Congrats on the loss and feeling good about your approach. That is definitely something that will keep your motivation going strong.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome loss! You are doing such a great job, keep it up!

Those lima beans look really good and I don't even like lima beans. I may have to try them though!

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Dsng girl! That's a big loss for 1 week. You're awesome.
Congrats on great results. SOunds like your new points system and no snacking really paid off. Of course, hitting the treadmill didn't hurt either. :)

Trainer Shauna said...

Those lima beans look yummy! I'm going to have to try those!

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Woo hoo 2.6 lbs in one week is awesome! Amazing job!

I love real housewives. The Jersey ladies are INSANE, but I think they are the funniest group to watch yet :D

katecooks said...

congrats on the loss!!! btw, your hummus wrap looks really good. i think i need to go out and restock on some la tortillas!