Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hanging In The Rain

Another rainy morning! This is a cruel joke that Mother Nature is playing on us! I took it as an opportunity to lounge around this morning. No early start or rushing around; it was kinda nice! I caught up on some blog reading, too. Lucky for me because I came across a great recipe on Melissa's blog, Living Life Happy and Healthy, for Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins. I had to make them right away! I followed her instructions; only change I made was to use half dried apricots and half blueberries. It was a terrific combo and they baked up beautifully and in no time at all...


So wonderful with a spritz of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray...


With a jolt of iced coffee for an easy 2 POINT breakfast...

More lounging, then I forced myself to hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. I was not that into it, but before I knew it, I was finished so I was glad that I didn't blow it off.
I wasn't all that hungry, but it was getting late and I figured I should make some lunch before the hunger hits all at once. I decided on a Chicken Pesto and Goat Cheese Panini. I used a Weight Watchers Whole Wheat Pita, 2 oz. grilled chicken breast, 1/2 oz. goat cheese, 1 tbsp. homemade pesto and 1 1/2 tsp. chopped sundried tomatoes (in oil). I cut the whole pita in half (but still a round), layered the ingredients on the one round, topped it with the other, then placed it on the George Forman Grill (aka panini maker!) and let it heat through. It was delicious and full of flavor. I paired it with some sweet watermelon for a nice 7 POINT lunch...


Later in the afternoon, I had to make a quick supermarket run in the downpour. While there, I grabbed a Mocha Lite Frappuccino for 2 POINTS...

I have a big Father's Day dinner planned for tomorrow, so tonight, I opted for an easy dinner. I made Philly Cheesesteaks with crinkle potato wedges and spinach with garlic and oil. A 10 POINT family favorite...

I ended with a little dessert of chocolate Vitaheart with 2 tsp. chocolate icing for 2 POINTS...

I'm full. My stomach has not been feeling so great and I'm guessing it's due to way to much crappy eating lately. I felt like I reigned it in today, so hopefully, I can get back on track 100% this week!
Have a great night!

12 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

oohh, your panini looks so yummy!

LK- Healthy Delicious said...

omg, I know- this rain is killing me! the muffins look great... I don't know what is it about rain that makes me crave carbs like that....

Sarah said...

oh my that looks so delicious!! I've got to try many of these...panini, mocha whatever you had, yum!

Post-it Notes said...

Those muffins look delish!! You did so good with your eating... Keep up the good work.

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

The muffins and the panini look great! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Jen, a priofatgirl - it was really good - lots of bold flavor!

LK-HealthyDelicious - ME, TOOOOO!

Sarah - warning: mocha fraps are addictive ;P

Post-it-Notes - thank you! The "keeping up" seems to be my battle lately ;)

Andrea@WellnessNotes - hope you're having a good one, too!

Kathi said...

Good job being able to reign it back in. I need some help over here with that. :( But the best part of this journey we are on that we have an opportunity to start fresh and new each day and that is what I am going to do today!

Anonymous said...

The muffins looks yummy. Gonna try it out! Hope you are having a great father's day celebrating with your husband and daughter.

thewwchick said...

I totally blame you for my new obsession with lite mocha frapps.

Anonymous said...

I love goat cheese!! I just picked up a four pepper one that is out of this world!

Unknown said...

Love the muffins!! ; )

Today looks promising, at least the sun is shining!!

Anonymous said...

That panini looks great!

We had quite a bit of rain but now, it's just extremely hot! Great for swimming though!