Monday, June 22, 2009

POINTless

Greetings from the beach! I have been busy celebrating, packing and doing lots of eating. I'm not sure what's going on with me, but counting POINTS has been pointless lately. I am disappointed in myself. I have been gaining and losing the same 10 pounds since January. I know I need to buckle down and just do this, but I keep getting detoured. I will never give up, though. I have come too far and still have a ways to go, so I will ride this out and keep trying every day to be a little bit better than the day before. That's all I can do right now. So, I have some catching up to do! Let's start with...


FATHER'S DAY


Breakfast (for me) was 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt topped with 1/2 c. berries and a Blueberry Apricot Oat Bran Muffin for 4 POINTS...


The fresh fruit and veggie stash was dwindled down in preparation for going to the beach, so I dug out a Ranch Turkey Burger ,only topped it with cheese and put it on an Arnold Sandwich Thin. I had it with some leftover crinkle potatoes and an apple for 7 POINTS...

Later in the afternoon, we headed to my parents for Father's Day dinner. The daughters wanted a snack when we got there, so they helped themselves to some fresh raspberries that they picked from Mom's garden...

Then, the food fest began...
Cheese raviolis with marinara sauce...


grilled chicken sausages...

Crunchy Asian Slaw (yay, a low cal dish!). Mom used THIS recipe...

Lots of "Turf" for the guys (ribeye and bbq ribs)...


And yummy "Surf"....



so corny...

My "plates".... ravioli...


and the rest....

Of course, there were desserts...



In an effort to minimize the damage, I made Hungry Girl's Double Chocolate Trifle...



It was really good. Like a healthier version of "Dirt Dessert". The recipe made 4 servings and came to 3 POINTS for each serving.
My 3 POINTS worth...


and I had to taste the apple pie...


It was a great day honoring my 2 favorite guys...

Love you both!!
BEACH EATS
We left early this morning to come to the beach for a mini "School's Out" vacation. Every year when the daughters are finished school, we come to the beach with my parents and Gram to hang out. Before we left, I grabbed a bowl of Puffins with the last of the blueberries for 3 POINTS...

We got to the beach house at lunch time and everyone was immediately hungry. Something about that salt air! Mom brought lots of leftovers from Father's Day dinner, so I had much to choose from. I decided on a Lobster Asian Slaw Salad using a leftover lobster tail and 1 1/2 c. of the Asian Slaw. A delicious 5 POINTS...



Alongside, I had a Blueberry Apricot Oat Bran Muffin and carrots for 2 POINTS...


I spent the afternoon unpacking and grabbing handfuls of snacks here and there. A little Goldfish crackers, half muffin, watermelon. Just stuff.
We decided on a healthy dinner of roasted chicken, broccoli and potatoes. I added a small slice of wheat bread to this plate, too...


Mom forgot the leftover apple pie (thank goodness), so I got to have one of these for dessert...



A smooth and creamy 2 POINTS...

So, since I've been here, I have been drowning myself in water in an effort to curb my appetite that has been majorly stoked by all this overeating. I'm also hoping that it will help the scale come down a little. I got on this morning and it was a hideous sight. I can't believe the number I saw. I'm hoping that I am retaining a major amount of fluid. I'm thinking that might not be the case, though. All this whooping it up is catching up with me. And the scale. This could be a wake up call for sure!
Sorry for the super long post! See ya tomorrow!

15 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

The Lobster Asian Slaw Salad and the Double Chocolate Trifle look soooo good! It's always dangerous to read your blog when I'm slightly hungry... :)

Enjoy the beach!!!

♥ Dee ♥ said...

Your eats weren't bad at all!

katecooks said...

oooh the surf and dessert you had on father's day look delicious! especially that hungry girl dessert...i would never have guessed it was so good for you!

as for snacking, think about all the days when you have been so great and not snacked at all! sometimes you just get cravings to munch and crunch. i think if you cant avoid it, you are so much worse off trying to and forcing yourself not to think about it. just takes way too much energy!!

your never give up mentality is the most important thing i think :)

Lauren said...

oooh... this all looks so good! I was drolling over the chicken sausage until I saw the lobster. so jealous that you're at the beach!

Anonymous said...

You know how they say when women hang out together, they *start* around the same time and have the same pms symptoms.." I think that all us blogger friends are rubbing off on each other because that's how my day was yesterday! I did great until after lunch and then it was like no-holds-barred. I don't get it.

Just don't give up. Like you said, you've come too far.

Reen said...

Hang in there and just keep trying. It will happen. I'm living proof. Look, total of six years from start to finish, I quit for a while and gained half of what I had originally lost. If I had just kept trying, I would have been easier.

YOU CAN DO THIS! WE CAN DO THIS!

Shhhhh said...

Don't let what the scale showed get you down too much. Surely it's just the sodium and such. You'll shed it soon enough.

All the food looked delicious!

John said...

wow such a great food list on father's day.

Kelly the Happy Texan said...

Those raviolis had me drooling. Your family get togethers would be hard for any Weight Watcher to survive.

I know you talk about how bad you are doing but all of the pictures look like healthy foods. It doesn't look bad at all! So maybe it is water weight?

My scale was up 3.3 pounds after this past weekend! Ouch! Surely some of that is fluid.

I think you look beautiful just how you are.

Anonymous said...

I love hungry girl. That chocolate truffle pie looked amazing... not to mention every other picture :)

Sarah said...

Food looks spectacular!! Enjoy your time!

Anonymous said...

what a decadent dinner on father's day! you all have amazing culinary genes! i don't blame you for not counting! =)

Rachel said...

Wow - those raspberries are gorgeous! Looks like you had a great time :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful feast. Don't worry about the scale too much. I'm sure it will come back down after a day or two. That happens to me all the time.

Trina said...

Your food looks delish!