Sunday, November 23, 2008

All ears

I had some broccoli rabe in the refrigerator that needed to be cooked. This is a bit of a process because I wash it, blanche it for 2 minutes to take away some of the bitterness and then saute it with garlic and a tiny bit of EVOO. I have come to love this green. It is a little bitter but very tasty. I like to eat it the best with orecchiette pasta! They are cute little pasta that resemble little ears which is how they got their name. This is a familiar Italian dish often made with sausage also, but I didn't want to go there! Since I did not have a snack this afternoon, I decided to use my points for a nice big pasta dinner! I measured out my serving of pasta, cooked it and mixed it with my broccoli rabe. I used 1 1/2 tbsp. of parmesan cheese to top it off. My plate looked like a restaurant- style serving of pasta, but without all the hideous fat and calories! I really bulked the pasta up with the added broccoli and since I love volumes of food, it was very satisfying to look at and to eat! This was a 10 pt. dinner and worth every bite...



I was pretty full after this dinner, but I had a little sweet tooth (maybe because the family was eating leftover chocolate cake!), so I made some tea and had these Hostess 100 calorie Strawberry Snack Cakes. Just right....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to seeing what you will be eating every day. Your food combo's are exactly how I like to eat. Nothing looks boring that you prepare. Loved your "sundae on sunday breakfast". I need you as my own private chef!
Keep those interesting meals coming.
Linny

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Thanks, Linny! You know I love to eat!