Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Pumpkin Continued

I had some errands on tap for today, but we got out of the house later than I had planned. I decided to have an early snack and a later lunch. I ran out of the Kashi TLC Pumpkin Spice Flax Granola Bars(it would have went great with my pumpkin theme today) so I had Roasted Almond Crunch which is also terrific. These are filling, so I figured I would be okay to wait for a later lunch. I am looking forward to trying out a new salad idea.





I knew the daughters wouldn't be able to wait for a later lunch, so I treated them to clogged arteries at the local Wendy's fast food joint. They haven't had this in many months, so I was proclaimed a rock star today!



When we finally got home, I got to work on my salad idea. I used baby spinach, chopped Golden Delicious apple and 1/4 c. dried cranberries. Then, I made a dressing using my homemade pumpkin butter, 1 tsp. olive oil and 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar. I tossed it all together...



It was really good. I like a sweet salad for a change. This would have been crazy good with some walnuts or pecans and a little goat cheese! Next time. But, you know a girl cannot live on salads alone, so I made a Boca Vegan Burger to go with it. These are super "cheap" in the calorie department - only 70 cal., .5 gr. fat and 4 gr. fiber. That's 1 pt. in WW language...


I put it on an Arnold Sandwich Thin with some lettuce and ketchup. I was one stuffed squash after all this. Aren't I corny? It's the lack of sleep ...



Off to take a nap. Yeah, in my dreams.... :)




No comments: