Friday, November 21, 2008

It all started with the cheese

The time drew near. Time to make the pizza. No big deal. I got this. It's freakin pizza, who cares? I made the dough from scratch using a lowfat recipe. My portion of crust would only come out to 4 pts. It was gonna taste great. Real pizza crust, not whole wheat. I make my own sauce always, so that's okay because I only use a little bit on the pizza. The cheese, oh how I love it, was real part skim mozzarella. No 2% cheese or fat free (ick). I rolled out all the crusts and prebaked them. I took them out and added the sauce. I opened the block of mozzarella cheese and began to grate it. Then, I proceeded to take giant gobs of it and shovel it into my mouth! I smacked my own hand, refocused and weighed my 1 1/2 oz. of cheese to put on my pizza. I cooked all the pizza and made a humongous salad with Marie's Light Blue Cheese Dressing to go with my personal pizza. Although it looks like we are eating by candlelight, we're not. The picture came out a little dark; a sign of the darkness that was to come...



This was a great tasting dinner. However, I chose to turn it into an all-you-can-eat buffet! I had more slivers of the family's pizza. Why? I guess I was checking to see if theirs tasted any different! Then, I ate a handful of pepperoni. Then, (yes, unfortunately, there was more) I had made 2 rolls out of the little bit of leftover dough, so I ate one of those. With......I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray - the nerve, like it mattered at this point...


I know it's silly. Such harshness to myself. I'm over it now. Tomorrow's another day. Get back on track tomorrow, blah, blah,blah.
Moral of the story: Sometimes you gotta "just say no".
And that's totally okay....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marisa,
You forgot to try and eat one slice of what everyone else was eating plus a nice big healty salad.

That's ok. Don't be so hard on yourself. It is your BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!! Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY Saturday. Hope your doing something fun!!
-margie

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Margie- My pizza was what everyone else was eating; I made it all the same -I just portioned out my crust so that I could actually roll it out to be bigger than cutting one slice (but still have the same point value if you know what I mean)!! I think I have to leave pizza in the dust for now. I'll try it again, but not for awhile....
Thanks for the b-day wishes! More food today.... :)