Saturday, November 22, 2008

Still eating lunch

My family has a big birthday dinner planned for me tonight. My Mom and Gram are amazing cooks so it will be a spread! Even though there will be plenty of food that I couldn't possibly figure the points for, I am still eating my regular lunch. The general school of thought seems to be if you're going to have a big special meal, you should eat lighter during the day. However, I think that backfires on me and after my damage last night, I am trying to stick close to my normal day for the surrounding meals. Today, I had a Chicken Spinach Salad Stuffed Pita. Wow, that was a mouthful to say and to eat, too! I used 2 oz. chicken, a bunch of baby spinach, sliced tomatoes and 2 tsp. Marie's Light Blue Cheese Dressing. I stuffed it all in a Weight Watchers Pita Pocket -these are only 1 pt. for a regular sized pita! I chose a plum for my fruit and 1 oz. of those great Kettle Baked Potato Chips. These chips are a keeper; even the daughters were grabbing them off my plate and declaring their love for them...





This whole lunch was only 6 pts.! Not too shabby....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that you always try to incorporate a fruit with each meal. I need to try and do that more often.
-margie

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Margie- I do try my best to get my servings of fruits and veggies in. In my Weight Watchers tracker, there are little squares at the bottom of the sheet that I check off when I get a serving. It's an easy way for me to keep tabs on how much I've had or need to add in.