Friday, November 21, 2008

The Two Minute Breakfast

Aaaawwww, say it ain't SNOW! This morning I woke up to this...







"Walkin in a Winter Wonderland" is all fine and dandy, if you can get out and WALK in it! I equate winter with being stuck in the house with a LOT of food that you want to eat 24/7. Not a good weight loss strategy. If it's going to be a long, cold winter, I'm gonna have to come up with plenty of distractions to prevent me from shoveling (food, that is).




Well, I have many errands today and need to get going fast this morning. I was going to just grab a granola bar and a fruit, but I really wanted something warm. I decided that I could find two minutes to make a warm breakfast. You can, too! Here's what you'll need...

  • an Arnold Sandwich Thin (heat in the micro for 30 sec - I keep mine in the freezer, but you'll save 30 sec. if yours isn't frozen!)
  • 2 thin slices of ham or canadian bacon
  • slice of 2% cheese
  • 3 egg whites, beaten (spray a microwave-safe ramekin/bowl, pour in egg whites, nuke for 1 min. 30 sec. *cover bowl with paper towel so eggs don't pop out!)

Slap it all together and run! Wait, come back. Don't forget a napkin.... :)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weigh in! Bought the muffins and had one this morning. Good and healthy tasting and satisfying, but not tasty enough to want more than one at a meal. Which is a great thing!Helen

Unknown said...

yum, i love egg sandwhiches