Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cleaned and pressed

Time flew by while I was doing some cleaning up around the kitchen today. My stomach was letting me know it was time to make lunch. I had this idea for a cuban sandwich. It isn't normally the most health conscious sandwich. It is made on a long roll, slathered with butter, layered with ham, swiss cheese and roasted pork. It is topped with sliced pickles and yellow mustard. Then, more butter and pressed down to flatten it out and meld the flavors. I had most of the ingredients to reproduce this "my way." Here's what you'll need for my "Converted Cuban"...


  • 1 Amoroso Club Roll or similar club roll
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
  • 3 thin slices of ham
  • 3 thin slices of turkey
  • 1 slice 2% swiss cheese
  • few pickle slices
  • yellow mustard

Split the roll and spray inside with a little ICBINB spray. On one side of roll, layer ham, turkey and cheese. Add pickle slices and spread remaining side of roll with mustard. Heat a medium nonstick skillet, spray top side of roll with a little ICBINB spray, place sandwich sprayed side down in skillet and press and hold down firmly until bottom is browned. Add spray to top side and flip sandwich over, pressing firmly until browned. * You can also cover sandwich with a flat lid or heavy duty foil and weight it down with a soup can.


This sandwich had great flavors and seemed really sinful. I paired it with some grapes. This delicioso lunch was only 6 pts.! What, no chips you ask? I know, I gotta check my temperature - I must have a fever....


No comments: