Saturday, November 15, 2008

Eat and run

Breakfast was the first order of the day today. I woke up hungry, so instead of exercising first, I gave breakfast my immediate attention. I went "old school" this morning. What I mean by that is when I first started Weight Watchers, I had a mock Egg McMuffin every morning for probably six months. I would use a light english muffin, 2 egg whites , 4 skinny slices of canadian bacon and a slice of 2% cheese. It was a great substitute for the Mickey D's kind. Eventually, I moved on to try other things for breakfast and I do my best to vary this meal so I don't get bored. But, it's been a while since I've had my old friend and I made a scaled down version today...


  • 1 Thomas' Light English Muffin

  • 1 egg white

  • slice 2% cheese

For some additional protein, I had a 1/4 c. nonfat cottage cheese with a tbsp. sugar free seedless strawberry jam.


Then, I was off to pay the evil pizza piper. I fast-walked on the treadmill for 30 min., then ran for 30 min. Brutal. Did I say how much I hate Pizza Night???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marisa, It's Helen. Love, love, love your blog! I find myself checking it everyday! Caramel is my fav and would like to know where to get the dip and also the muffins. Keep posting and I'll keep reading!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

Thanks so much for reading, Helen!
Feel free to pass my link to anyone you think might be interested.:)

I get the caramel dip at Acme; it's in the produce section generally near the apples! The muffins are available at Acme and also at Giant; they are found in the frozen food section usually near the organic foods or in the breakfast foods. You can also order them from www.vitalicious.com.