Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sunday Brunch

Don't worry, I haven't completely lost it. I know it's not Sunday. It's Tuesday, but breakfast today felt like a Sunday Brunch. I was in the mood for an omelette, a fancy one. Not my traditional, "let's see how many veggies I can shove in here" omelette. It had to be something more. I still had some smoked salmon left in the fridge ( I should be swimming upstream by now!) and I thought that would make for a nice addition. I came up with...
  • 3 egg whites, beaten well (if you do this, the whites will be fluffier)
  • 1 Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedge, cubed
  • 1 oz. smoked salmon
  • 1 tbsp. fresh dill, plus 1/4 tsp. for garnish

Spray a nonstick skillet and add the egg whites. Let them cook in the pan until almost done. Add cheese, smoked salmon and dill to half of the omelette. Fold the plain side over, turn heat to medium low and let cook a couple more minutes to heat cheese and salmon. Add remaining dill to garnish.

I had a Thomas' Light English Muffin with a few sprays of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter to go with it...



This was really satisfying and felt like I started the day with something special! I realized after taking the picture that my breakfast was smiling at me (tilt your head to the right)! Must mean it's gonna be a great day.... :)

No comments: